Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] May your vote.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
So 57% of the voting public didn’t want her at the last election, now 37% of her own MPs don’t want her! And this is the person we have entrusted to lead us through the most turbulent of times!

Laughable, almost as laughable as her entrance at the Tory party conference...

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Come on, she could only win or lose and she won

She did. She had to say she wouldn't stand for re-election in 2022 though. And a third of her MPs want her gone. It's a pyrrhic victory IMO.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So 57% of the voting public didn’t want her at the last election, now 37% of her own MPs don’t want her! And this is the person we have entrusted to lead us through the most turbulent of times!

What really is laughable is believing someone else might do better. I mean, there are just so many to choooooose from.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Glass half empty, 63% for. With Corbyn disliked by many Labour MP’s as we know. Politics has always been a vipers nest.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Taxi for May.

Down to the pub for a piss up....

People keep saying "well... 'x percent' of her party voted against her... " - but the fact is the majority want her to stay. That's a fact.

The other fact is, who on earth would want her job right now? I'd rather be a sewage maintenance worker with no wellies.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

You don't really understand politics do you? :lol:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Down to the pub for a piss up....

People keep saying "well... 'x percent' of her party voted against her... " - but
the fact is the majority want her to stay. That's a fact.

The other fact is, who on earth would want her job right now? I'd rather be a sewage maintenance worker with no wellies.

The fact is the majority want her to carry the can. That's a fact.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
What really is laughable is believing someone else might do better. I mean, there are just so many to choooooose from.

What is really laughable is that people think she has been backed. In reality no-one wants her job now. In a years time when she’s gone watch the squabble then! She played her trump card by saying she wouldn’t lead into next election.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What is really laughable is that people think she has been backed. In reality no-one wants her job now. In a years time when she’s gone watch the squabble then! She played her trump card by saying she wouldn’t lead into next election.

You’re probably right.

When do you see sanity in Westminster, with a government of any colour not being destroyed by critics and the media?

I can’t see anything else for many years to come.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
You’re probably right.

When do you see sanity in Westminster, with a government of any colour not being destroyed by critics and the media?

I can’t see anything else for many years to come.

To be honest I think the best thing we could have for the next election or two is a coalition, so we can get the country on an even keel and ride out the waves of Brexit.

I could see a returned Tory government using Brexit as an excuse for even more Draconian austerity measures, and we all know who will suffer most from that, the poor, the elderly and the disabled.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be honest I think the best thing we could have for the next election or two is a coalition, so we can get the country on an even keel and ride out the waves of Brexit.

I could see a returned Tory government using Brexit as an excuse for even more Draconian austerity measures, and we all know who will suffer most from that, the poor, the elderly and the disabled.

A green Momentum SNP coalition? With a pinch of liberals and DUP?

I'd rather have one party, more coherent, more unity.

Oh.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

A Corbyn Labour-SNP coalition would lead to the media and opponents focus on the special deals (£££££) being given to the Scots, even more so than their already generous Barnett Formula deal. In the same way as the DUP deal, we’d need hear the last of it. Angering English MP’s and electorate. A moderate Labour leadership would’ve had a chance of a GE victory, which would be far more stable. Too late now.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Of course she’ll be gone after Brexit. Bloody hope so for her own health, she’s earnt it! I cannot think of a single credible politician who had the support of MPs and the electorate who would have done a better job - can you? Not allowed to use hindsight btw. Cameron’s just resigned, it’s the morning after the big vote, the country is still in shock, step forward...who?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here