Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The NSC Albion Financial Review 2017/18

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I've had correspondence with Mr Barber but fortunately I don't live in a village so guessing those comments weren't aimed at myself!

With regard to CEOs, interested as to why Man City don't seem to pay them anything! Assume their remuneration is in another format!

Manchester City Football Club Limited do not pay their directors anything, and Manchester City Football Club Limited is the company whose results are scruitinised for FFP.

City Football Group Limited, which also owns clubs in the MLS, Australia, Uruguay etc as well as Manchester City, ad management pay of £4.3 million.

#JustSayin

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Manchester City Football Club Limited do not pay their directors anything, and Manchester City Football Club Limited is the company whose results are scruitinised for FFP.

City Football Group Limited, which also owns clubs in the MLS, Australia, Uruguay etc as well as Manchester City, ad management pay of £4.3 million.

#JustSayin

Thanks.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Only read if bored, have a love for graphs or you are very very constipated.

As you know [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and I run a sideline blog on football and money, so we have stuck it there instead of NSC.

http://priceoffootball.com/brighton-2017-18-what-do-i-get/

A quite brilliant summary and fascinating read. In short, we are being frugal and sensible but this is likely to reflect on the pitch for a few years. Staggered that Palace’s wage bill is £111m compared to our £77m - that’s just stupidity & shocking mismanagement! Would love to know Wolves annual results or will they just do a Man City and cook the books?

I was thinking about that last night. We paid 57 million in transfers and made a small profit. Out wages are 77 million. How the hell will Wolves and Fulham spare when they spent over 100 million in transfers and i bet there wages hit a similar figure? Surely they are expecting huge loses? Dread to think what will happen if Fulham go straight back down.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Will read this shit when i go to bed. Looks a very good read. Must have taken you ages to knock together ?

Don't forget to keep an eye out for Villa's and Wednesday's accounts. The latter could be in breach of FFP.

It takes about one working day to put it all together.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
TY EP.

I was a bit surprised at the shirt sponsorship. Surely, it should have been pretty basic to write into the contract an increase in sponsorship if we reached the PL? More tv coverage to a far wider audience should surely have commanded an increase? Bit baffled how something so basic was overlooked.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Only read if bored, have a love for graphs or you are very very constipated.

As you know [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and I run a sideline blog on football and money, so we have stuck it there instead of NSC.

http://priceoffootball.com/brighton-2017-18-what-do-i-get/

Many thanks indeed for this well written annual summary of Albion finances ... very much appreciated

I was thinking about the shirt sponsorship the other day. We signed it in the Champ and I suspect it might come to an end this season? Will be interesting to see if:

1. Amex have the appetite to up their 'investment' by what is likely to be 3 or 4 times
2. The clubs 'loyalty to Amex means that any higher bids are rejected, or how much more will test this?

Any thoughts on the subject?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
TY EP.

I was a bit surprised at the shirt sponsorship. Surely, it should have been pretty basic to write into the contract an increase in sponsorship if we reached the PL? More tv coverage to a far wider audience should surely have commanded an increase? Bit baffled how something so basic was overlooked.

I would hazard a guess that we did include a clause for an increase should we get to the PL but likely that at the time it was signed it was based on rates in the PL at that time and it would seem, like the TV deals, have increased drastically.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
As always, I enjoy finding the 'hidden' messages spelt out by the capital letters at the beginning of each paragraph.
'Tony Bloom's Blue and White Army'

Nicely done :thumbsup:
Apart from the fact the second "L" should be an "F"...

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
TY EP.

Commercial income rose a bit so there might have been a clause, but clearly nothing massive. I doubt we were overwhelmed with offers when the deal was signed either so it was probably the only decent option available. It was a reasonable sum for the Championship, but commercial income is now the one area where we clearly could be doing a bit better when compared to others. The club didn't reveal how long any of Amex's various sponsorships were due to last so it's unclear how long we might be in this position.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Good sponsorship is (or should be) about so much more than hard cash. The fit with American Express is spot on for this club, especially given that we are trying to build our profile globally

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Many thanks indeed for this well written annual summary of Albion finances ... very much appreciated

I was thinking about the shirt sponsorship the other day. We signed it in the Champ and I suspect it might come to an end this season? Will be interesting to see if:

1. Amex have the appetite to up their 'investment' by what is likely to be 3 or 4 times
2. The clubs 'loyalty to Amex means that any higher bids are rejected, or how much more will test this?

Any thoughts on the subject?

My understanding is that the club have deliberately sacrificed income from betting partners in the short term because they want to avoid publicity with that industry and instead build relationships with other partners other partners. They are happy with Amex as a partner as has worked well to date, and prepared to make financial sacrifices to build long term relationships.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My understanding is that the club have deliberately sacrificed income from betting partners in the short term because they want to avoid publicity with that industry and instead build relationships with other partners other partners. They are happy with Amex as a partner as has worked well to date, and prepared to make financial sacrifices to build long term relationships.

Yeah, TB wants no connection with the betting industry [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Aren't the latest figures a bit artificial?

Given that TB owns all but 100% of the club, he has made £12m profit on the one hand, but had to loan £32m to the club to assist in player purchases, etc. He is still "out of pocket" by £20m. The profit figure only really counts when the balance sheet is sustainable without further loans.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Aren't the latest figures a bit artificial?

Given that TB owns all but 100% of the club, he has made £12m profit on the one hand, but had to loan £32m to the club to assist in player purchases, etc. He is still "out of pocket" by £20m. The profit figure only really counts when the balance sheet is sustainable without further loans.

I think you've got a few key issues confused. TB has lent the club £32m interest free to (a) pay off the interest bearing overdraft (b) pay for players who will be at the club for a number of years and whose value may increase, and (c) to invest in the club infrastructure, where again the benefits are long rather than short term. The loans are nothing to do with profit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here