Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Comfort food

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ah you call that a sandwich....

Pah...

Having lived in Wigan, things kinda get serious in the barm / or bap /or roll department up there...

Pie in barm is a regular lunch time sight around town, I used to love them or a pasty in a barm.

It lead me down a dangerous path, which was fine when I was fitting, I would never put weight, now though I have to check myself when I get the urge...

I have had Pizza, Fried Rice, Chow Mien, Pasty, Melton Mowbray Pie, Pork & Egg Gala Pie, Lasagne, Fish Pie, and more all stuffed in thick white doorstop bread of some kind, dripping with butter and mayo....

Comfort food..........

Nothing comfortable about any of that and shame on you for promoting northern barbarcy! I bet one doesn’t even eat with a knife and fork either?

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
You've burnt your rissole, over cooked the sprouts and the gravy is congealed. The cold is obviously effecting you senses!! :)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Since the weather has got colder in the last few weeks I have made

Steak and Kidney pudding
Oxtail with celery and mushroom
Lamb and Leek hotpot
Coq au Vin
Liver and bacon casserole
Slow cooked beef with shallots and carrots

I love all these winter stews and slow cooked stuff. (Gives plenty of time to savour a glass or two). Although I'll occasionally make potato dauphinoise, there is nothing to beat a good mash with butter and double cream. I also do a mean red cabbage as an accompaniment.

I'm hungry now and it's only 10 past 9 :drool:

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Having been here for a long time my comfort and hangover foods are now any of the noodle soup varieties on offer, whether it be ramen, soba or udon. Properly sort a hangover out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here