Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Comfort food

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Comfort Meal:

Chicken & Leek Pudding, sprouts, peas and gravy!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
My comfort food when I'm feeling rough is Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup with lots of salt, two crusty rolls with butter, and a sorry look on my face to try and gain sympathy from the Mrs.... which never happens because she's a nurse, and I'd need to ventilated, haemofiltrated and wired up to a 16 lead ECG to get so much as an 'awww...' :glare:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Shepherds pie sandwich white bread and butter not margarine

Don't knock it until you're tried it
I tried it once, too much softness going on

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Cheese and water biscuits with chutneys and onion marmalade or mash and gravy.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Shepherds pie sandwich white bread and butter not margarine

Don't knock it until you're tried it

Ah you call that a sandwich....

Pah...

Having lived in Wigan, things kinda get serious in the barm / or bap /or roll department up there...

Pie in barm is a regular lunch time sight around town, I used to love them or a pasty in a barm.

It lead me down a dangerous path, which was fine when I was fitting, I would never put weight, now though I have to check myself when I get the urge...

I have had Pizza, Fried Rice, Chow Mien, Pasty, Melton Mowbray Pie, Pork & Egg Gala Pie, Lasagne, Fish Pie, and more all stuffed in thick white doorstop bread of some kind, dripping with butter and mayo....

Comfort food..........

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Ah you call that a sandwich....

Pah...

Having lived in Wigan, things kinda get serious in the barm / or bap /or roll department up there...

Pie in barm is a regular lunch time sight around town, I used to love them or a pasty in a barm.

It lead me down a dangerous path, which was fine when I was fitting, I would never put weight, now though I have to check myself when I get the urge...

I have had Pizza, Fried Rice, Chow Mien, Pasty, Melton Mowbray Pie, Pork & Egg Gala Pie, Lasagne, Fish Pie, and more all stuffed in thick white doorstop bread of some kind, dripping with butter and mayo....

Comfort food..........

�� I thought I was out on limb with Shepard's pie sandwich but that is on a completely different level

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010

I was once told, back in the day, probably during the war, the only green veg that still grew in Nov/Dec was Sprouts hence why it is served at Xmas. I’ve no idea if that is bollocks just to get you to eat the vile things!?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hangover pre-emptive cure back in the day - A Gut Buster at Brighton’s Market Diner. Pleased to see that the cafe is still open when parking near there at the weekend.

Otherwise, love the occasional curry and the frequent consumption of chocolate.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
FFS. ******s the delicious hearty meat based foodstuff.
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] OUT.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
FFS. ******s the delicious hearty meat based foodstuff.
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] OUT.

I had ******s for my lunch on Friday, with kale and mustard. Bloody gorgeous. IMG_3334.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
My comfort food when I'm feeling rough is Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup with lots of salt, two crusty rolls with butter, and a sorry look on my face to try and gain sympathy from the Mrs.... which never happens because she's a nurse, and I'd need to ventilated, haemofiltrated and wired up to a 16 lead ECG to get so much as an 'awww...' :glare:

When I was a kid, this was the go to lunch from my parents when I was ill. One of them would come home from work at lunchtime and make me the soup and I would also usually get one of those strange sponge cakes with the pink icing to eat which, in later life, I found out were called Tottenham cakes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here