Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Should she stay or should she go now?

Theresa May?

• Go

Votes: 81 38.2%
  • Stay

Votes: 131 61.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am generally anti-strike/demonstration but when people break a promise on me or cheat me I won't stop.

Surely you know that Watford.

Some f*ckers have to have principles and standards nowadays.

By equal measure, given that I am in favour of remain, if we 'hard Brexit', which nobody voted for as it wasn't on the ballot, you'll forgive me if I come round and burn down your house???

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
None of any of this matters. Unless we get a smell of the Norway option then what does it matter who is in charge of a pile of s.hit.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The best thing out of the last two years has been the analogies......... ‘Right so you see something shitting on your carpet but if you try and stop them you know the curtains which we paid 25m squared will “................. you know how it all goes.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can’t see a chance of her losing it.

At the beginning of the day the Piers Morgan, Kuennnnsssberg mob, definitely thought the end was nigh. Salivating at all the potential shit, the leadership election, general election, etc.

12 hours is a long time in politics.

The Rees-Mogg mob are shooting themselves in the foot. There is only one deal on the table. There will never be parliamentary and public support for a Hard Brexit and WTO rules.

D

Deleted member 2719

I was going to ask what you thought you voted for and then show how stupid you were but you've saved us from both wasting time :thumbsup:

Or of course I was one step ahead of you and didn't want to waste my life discussing it with you.:thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
At the beginning of the day the Piers Morgan... definitely thought the end was nigh. Salivating at all the potential shit, the leadership election, general election, etc.

Does he count?

Now if Laura Kuenssberg said she thought May would be out today, that is a surprise, but she didn't really did she?

D

Deleted member 2719

By equal measure, given that I am in favour of remain, if we 'hard Brexit', which nobody voted for as it wasn't on the ballot, you'll forgive me if I come round and burn down your house???

Wasn't talking about burning your house Harry.

Mays brexit is as soft as it gets.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
At the beginning of the day the Piers Morgan, Kuennnnsssberg mob, definitely thought the end was nigh. Salivating at all the potential shit, the leadership election, general election, etc.

The Rees-Mogg mob are shooting themselves in the foot. There is only one deal on the table. There will never be parliamentary and public support for a Hard Brexit and WTO rules.

The word is that she will be mortally wounded by the vote yet limp on as a zombie PM. But, what credibility does she have when her main bargaining chip is that she promises that she WON'T lead the Tories at the next election ? As a PM she has been an absolute disaster, she talks fine words but fails to live up to them.

She says " I want an economy that works for everyone " then carries on with the roll-out of Universal Credit and the horrible inquisitions of disabled people for DLA. She talks a fine game but never delivers.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Does he count?

Now if Laura Kuenssberg said she thought May would be out today, that is a surprise, but she didn't really did she?

I didn’t say that.

But they all positively salivated at the news (in the same way that TS ‘journalists’ do about shit at clubs), and immediately and repeatedly jumped the gun with incessant talk about the Tory leadership contest and possible very early general election. In fact, they went into great detail about the timing in the next couple of months of the aforementioned.

12 hours later, a totally different vibe from Sky and BBC. Measured, chilled, intelligent chat, good guests like Hillary Benn. The reason - it looks like May has confounded them .... yet again.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The word is that she will be mortally wounded by the vote yet limp on as a zombie PM. But, what credibility does she have when her main bargaining chip is that she promises that she WON'T lead the Tories at the next election ? As a PM she has been an absolute disaster, she talks fine words but fails to live up to them.

She says " I want an economy that works for everyone " then carries on with the roll-out of Universal Credit and the horrible inquisitions of disabled people for DLA. She talks a fine game but never delivers.

Not the word on BBC and Sky right now, deeming this a massive blow for the right wing MP’s. Hard to tell, they’re all guessing.

Widening this, Corbyn, McDonnell and hard left union leaders view Blair a Tory in all but name, in other words, we’ve had a continuum of right wing economic policies for decades. What’s your view?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Mine hasn't wavered one bit on leaving and I really don't know anyone who has.

If they had another referendum, there would be riots this country has never seen before.

Even people who are not usually violent will rage like red rag to a bull as it will prove there is no democracy anymore.

What a complete and utter pile of codswallop. Theresa May was elected leader of the Conservative party 28 months ago. Today her party are having a vote to try and get rid of her.
That's one month less than the referendum.

So it's ok for MPs to have another vote, because it's democracy.

As for threatening violence and riots, the Leave voters couldn't even manage 200 at last week's demonstration.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I said it at the time, the EU debate is far less relevant that the UK's insistence on voting in shoddy government after shoddy government. The leave vote meant that you needed a high quality government overseeing the process with the best intrests of the people at the forefront of their mind. You got May et al.

If only there was another option who put the people first and had committed to reigning in the power of the big banks and corporations. A party who have promised to properly fund the NHS and education sector. Etc etc.

Sorry people but, EU or Brexit, you get exactly what you vote for..... Every time.

Definition of insanity isn't it?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Is it democracy to vote again when she was voted in 28 months ago?

Yes, why even ask, the rules of the party on the leadership are clear and the same as they were 29 months ago when she went through the process, has any wally suggested the leadership process is not democratic?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Politicians? Just about the only job where no qualifications are needed would be my definition of them. Sadly shown to be true for the past 30 years and the current mishandling of the BREXIT saga shows the point. She goes and another self serving waster takes her place. What a sorry bunch they all are.
You voted for them, so you must be part of the problem.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Mine hasn't wavered one bit on leaving and I really don't know anyone who has.

If they had another referendum, there would be riots this country has never seen before.

Even people who are not usually violent will rage like red rag to a bull as it will prove there is no democracy anymore.

Indeed
My old man is getting on and wheelchair bound, probably not in much of a position to cause too much bother. He said to me recently if they make us vote again can i wheel him up to Westminster so he can put a match to parliament. I think people underestimate the anger that will be unleashed if parliament steals our democracy.
In fairness though i should point out he was at heightened excitement as it was only hours before the Palace game and he was chomping at the bit to get early to the Amex

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here