Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Should she stay or should she go now?

Theresa May?

• Go

Votes: 81 38.2%
  • Stay

Votes: 131 61.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not the word on BBC and Sky right now, deeming this a massive blow for the right wing MP’s. Hard to tell, they’re all guessing.

Widening this, Corbyn, McDonnell and hard left union leaders view Blair a Tory in all but name, in other words, we’ve had a continuum of right wing economic policies for decades. What’s your view?

Blair genuinely threw money at the NHS and education and it seemed to work. Blair/ labour should not be blamed for a global downturn in the economy due to sub-prime loans that triggered a domino effect around the globe. But the Tory cure of Austerity while re-financing the banks at the same time has divided/polarised and pretty much destroyed our society over the last 10 years. If only Mrs May believed as fervently about a " Society That Works for Everyone " as she does for " Brexit means Brexit "

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Blair genuinely threw money at the NHS and education and it seemed to work. Blair/ labour should not be blamed for a global downturn in the economy due to sub-prime loans that triggered a domino effect around the globe. But the Tory cure of Austerity while re-financing the banks at the same time has divided/polarised and pretty much destroyed our society over the last 10 years. If only Mrs May believed as fervently about a " Society That Works for Everyone " as she does for " Brexit means Brexit "

You won’t say it, but Corbyn and McDonnell are wrong then about Blair. Thanks for the answer.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The Tories biggest and most successful trick is to deflect any blame from themselves and their cronies.

The electorate lap it up.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You won’t say it, but Corbyn and McDonnell are wrong then about Blair. Thanks for the answer.

I genuinely don't know what Corbyn/McDonnell thought about Blair, but at that time they were out in the wilderness as far as political influence. Blair came to power on a series of promises and he mostly delivered on them nationally. I think where he came unstuck was with his love in with George W Bush plus the complacency of a long time in office like Maggie Thatcher before him.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Stay. You can't just have another vote to change Prime Minister because you no longer like the result of original one. It makes a mockery of democracy.

#MayMeansMay

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nothing has changed, her deal is still shit.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
She is currently doing a terrible job of concluding the Brexit process and seems to be the least likely of all senior Conservative politicians to actually deliver it.

I would therefore like her to stay and have voted accordingly.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Indeed
My old man is getting on and wheelchair bound, probably not in much of a position to cause too much bother. He said to me recently if they make us vote again can i wheel him up to Westminster so he can put a match to parliament. I think people underestimate the anger that will be unleashed if parliament steals our democracy.
In fairness though i should point out he was at heightened excitement as it was only hours before the Palace game and he was chomping at the bit to get early to the Amex

The referendum stole our democracy, not the othe way round. Unless you’re saying Parliament is undemocratic?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
She is currently doing a terrible job of concluding the Brexit process and seems to be the least likely of all senior Conservative politicians to actually deliver it.

I would therefore like her to stay and have voted accordingly.

It was THE only deal on offer. A brilliant Newsnight recently analysed this with (pro-British) continental experts on business and the EU. An economic/politcal block of 450 million people with self-interested governments, was not going to be brow-beaten by a small neighbour.

The only alternative is WTO rules, 10% tariffs, goods backing up at docks and the loss of all goodwill. Rees-Mogg and the others want that.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Indeed
My old man is getting on and wheelchair bound, probably not in much of a position to cause too much bother. He said to me recently if they make us vote again can i wheel him up to Westminster so he can put a match to parliament. I think people underestimate the anger that will be unleashed if parliament steals our democracy.
In fairness though i should point out he was at heightened excitement as it was only hours before the Palace game and he was chomping at the bit to get early to the Amex
Think you right loads will go batshit on a second vote

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was THE only deal on offer. A brilliant Newsnight recently analysed this with (pro-British) continental experts on business and the EU. An economic/politcal block of 450 million people with self-interested governments, was not going to be brow-beaten by a small neighbour.

The only alternative is WTO rules, 10% tariffs, goods backing up at docks and the loss of all goodwill. Rees-Mogg and the others want that.

Russia, China, USA and Australia + others, have already objected to us reverting to WTO rules as a default.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Russia, China, USA and Australia + others, have already objected to us reverting to WTO rules as a default.

The Hard Brexiteers (the 117 MP’s tonight) and the many millions of anti-EU people, think that’s better than a deal with the EU. Or, that the powerful EU will suddenly turn round and submit to all their demands. Seems deluded.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Thank you to all the closet racist, retired people and general morons..plus David Cameron for underestimating the amount of all three we have.

Now the economy is ****ed, the pound is shit and the country is going to have to pay billions. We should have just been harder with the EU, it wasn’t as if they would have kicked us out. Prepare for house prices to plunge the pound to hit new lows and all the idiots who voted out to start moaning their holiday to Spain cost loads more :rolleyes:

Not a fan of Teresa May but an impossible job for anyone to come out looking good.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am sure it has been done to death on the Brexit thread but I don't get why another vote is "stealing democracy"? We have general elections every few year to check that we still want the government we voted in. Ideas and information change and part of being human means that we can and will change our minds when new information and ideas come to light or information is disproven. Surely democracy should reflect this and accept that public opinion may change rather than be stuck in dogmatic beliefs that make us no better than creationists. If a week is a long time in politics then surely two and a half years is a lifetime.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The referendum stole our democracy, not the othe way round. Unless you’re saying Parliament is undemocratic?

Parliament overwhelmingly and democratically gave a referendum to the people, so why on earth would i say parliament is undemocratic for doing so.
Giving the people Direct Democracy is not stealing democracy from the people.
Giving the people Direct Democracy, not liking the result they give so telling them to vote again before finalising their decision is the haunt of undemocratic loons.
Campaigning to rejoin after we have left is the right democratic path.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here