Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Crumpets

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
I can't find the picture of the Crumpets I made but I found this one of some follow up Muffins, which tasted fine at breakfast time.
I say "follow up" because I made them while I still had the gridle plate on the stove top.

IMG_0047.JPG

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’ll make a New Years pact with you, I don’t like your online persona, you seem to have a back catalogue of tragic stories that you connect to every argument you find yourself in on here although whilst I’m certain they are true I see no reason why you’d share them with strangers.

In 2019 I will no longer post in any topic you start nor will I comment anything negative about anything you’ve posted in other threads, will you make the same commitment?

I wasn’t aware I was engaged in an argument. As for your pact, you must do as you see fit although I do think you’re overthinking the matter somewhat.

Last edited:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Just had a couple of crumpets from Aldi (35p for packet of six). The perforation distribution on one of them was very disappointing. On the other hand ideal for those suffering from trypophobia. Haven't delved into the packet to check on the perforation layout of the remaining four but I will keep you posted in the coming days if I discover any further cause for concern.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Someone gave me a tip to mix marmite and banana as a marriage made in heaven. I have it all the time now on sourdough toast and crumpets. Yum.

wealdgull

NSC Patreon
Dec 7, 2017
Disappointed that people are going sweet or savoury; why not have both?

Toast crumpet until just-about crispy, slap on some cheese, give it a minute under the grill to let it melt, add some strawberry jam, back under the grill for about 20 seconds.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
Just had a couple of crumpets from Aldi (35p for packet of six). The perforation distribution on one of them was very disappointing. On the other hand ideal for those suffering from trypophobia. Haven't delved into the packet to check on the perforation layout of the remaining four but I will keep you posted in the coming days if I discover any further cause for concern.

Check the rapping believe it states once opened consumme within the hour

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Butter and home made jam. Plum. From my tree. You can't beat a plum jam tree.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Off the back of this thread I have had crumpets for dinner tonight and have also discovered I’m not alone in that things with irregular small holes in make me feel a bit odd.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Shave a chunk of Lincolnshire poacher as finely as my mandolin will do it, and layer on 7 or 8 slices while the crumpets are still hot. The lower layers melt down into the butter-sodden crumpet, creating a heart attack on a plate.

Oh yeah!

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Off the back of this thread I have had crumpets for dinner tonight and have also discovered I’m not alone in that things with irregular small holes in make me feel a bit odd.

Fill the holes in with butter and a plasterers trowel :)

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder

On the same basis my grandson and I have just had crumpets for our lunch.

Fill the holes in with butter and a plasterers trowel :)

Mine were just as above and he preferred cheese triangles:smile:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here