Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Crumpets

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Hadn’t had them for a while but got some tonight. Is there much better with a brew?

Now I like mine simple. Just shy of burnt and absolutely pissing in butter.

Simple question: What do you have on your crumpets?

View attachment 102907

Night shift, bored.

Absolutely love crumpets...

Either with butter, mayo then melted cheese with chilli flakes & garlic salt sprinkled over the top.
or
American Peanut Butter like skippy.

Perfect hangover food, midnight feast, Sunday afternoon watching the FA cup round 2 when it is pissing down outside

SwedishSonna

Aug 9, 2005
Newcastle upon Tyne
Butter and Marmite. Lashings of both.

I went through a spell a few years back of making my own crumpets. Not the little things you buy in supermarkets... but absolutely huge ones in a 12" pan or similar. Served up with fried eggs and beans on top.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
4.2 mmol/L as of last Tuesday.

Keep eating the buttery crumpets then.

My cholesterol is in the healthy “green” zone, a little bit of butter is okay for you and I have eaten 2 crumpets in 18 months. I am fit and healthy and eat a mainly pescatarian and Mediterranean diet with no sweets or desserts. I think I’ll be just fine.

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
Usually I'll have two - one with butter, Marmite and cheese and one with butter and jam. I'll obviously eat the savoury one first, as I'm not an animal.

I recently tried a Jamie Oliver recipe, which was essentially eggy bread but made with crumpets, it was fine but not as good as my usual combination.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
My cholesterol is in the healthy “green” zone, a little bit of butter is okay for you and I have eaten 2 crumpets in 18 months. I am fit and healthy and eat a mainly pescatarian and Mediterranean diet with no sweets or desserts. I think I’ll be just fine.

I’m keeping everything crossed for you young man.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Butter, Marmite and Cheese.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I enjoy mine with some beef paste on.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I may be able to trump you all. The other day I was introduced to......toasted malt loaf.

What a game changer, although a pig to dig back out of the toaster, the resulting slightly gooey softness when mixed with the lashings of butter is just incredible and the bit that sticks to your teeth is a gift that keeps giving.

No confusion over cheese or Marmite or such deliberations, just simple butter every time.

I cant believe I have been eating cold malt loaf for 40 years.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here