Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Who will be our next Prime Minister?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So who might be the next UK PM?

Was wondering if the thread was going to get back on topic ! On the assumption the Tories will do anything to avoid a GE I'd guess at either Gove or Javid.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Then you should know better. I think even you would agree we will look back and regret this whole debacle.

Out of interest, which nations and what deals do they have? Tariffs, negotiable variables etc?

Norway and Switzerland have economic trade deals with the EU along with Monaco, Liechtenstein, San Marino and other relative newbies like Serbia and Montenegro etc.
Not having problems like Greece and Italy.
Keeping the pound was handy.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Norway and Switzerland have economic trade deals with the EU along with Monaco, Liechtenstein, San Marino and other relative newbies like Serbia and Montenegro etc.
Not having problems like Greece and Italy.
Keeping the pound was handy.

Well, we won’t be able to do suitable deals quite like Norway etc as discussed ad Infinitum on other threads. The problem is these deals are going to take YEARS to get resolved. Years. Plus we will be at the mercy of the US who have been desperate to get their grubby mitts on our NHS for decades and who are keen to flood the U.K. with cheap, low quality foodstuffs.
Still, at least we are leaving one of the largest trading unions in the world where we currently get great deals, to chance our arm with the unknown. And May has demonstrated she is a top notch negotiator so I really doubt the likes of Trump will absolutely squeeze the U.K. dry.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Had a pony on Chris Grayling.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Well, we won’t be able to do suitable deals quite like Norway etc as discussed ad Infinitum on other threads. The problem is these deals are going to take YEARS to get resolved. Years. Plus we will be at the mercy of the US who have been desperate to get their grubby mitts on our NHS for decades and who are keen to flood the U.K. with cheap, low quality foodstuffs.
Still, at least we are leaving one of the largest trading unions in the world where we currently get great deals, to chance our arm with the unknown. And May has demonstrated she is a top notch negotiator so I really doubt the likes of Trump will absolutely squeeze the U.K. dry.

if only the Tories could learn from this and move on .....there is a lot of negativity regarding self determination , disparity in what Britain contributes as opposed to others , ridiculous rules forcing the older population into expensive work on their houses before they can sell them but the biggest fear for the oldies is mass migration into the U.K.

sure there are pluses to membership but merkel has put the cat amongst the pigeons and she is now demanding that someone else catch it .....Europe on the whole is not in a good situation and the cracks are starting to show.........i think we need to understand the dynamics behind the issue of 100's of thousands of immigrants/assylum seekers which is far easier said than done , Syrian , Somali, Iraqi have all been displaced as a direct consequence of war waged by others .....but for some reason Europe is expected to foot the bill and show benevolence towards these people .......Europe will end up with serious problems both financially and culturally.......not good times at all in my opinion of course,

add to this that old folk who have some assets are basically forced to pay 900 pounds a week sterling for a bed in a nursing or care home which is basic asset stripping from people who have mostly worked and paid taxes all their lives .....they are required to pay $ 900.00 per week until their net worth is 25 k or less then social security takes over , this is causing a lot of anxiety and resentment .......but you will see migrants complaining that their 4 bedroom house in Ealing is not good enough for their family of 15 , the cost for these people is met by the social even though these people have no intent to work .....why....??

Last edited:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
It needs a caretaker PM someone from the back bench who is not looking to to be PM for an extended period but has been there and got the Tshirt a good public orator with a chirpy disposition I give you Ken Clarke

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Shame you can’t dig up Churchill.

Winston Churchill was a signatory to the ECJ in 1950 and very much for a United Europe. He said it would bring peace to Europe.

The referendum was far from fair, as the Electotoral Commision has found, passed to the Met police, and is now being investigated by the National Crime Agency, who investigate organised crime.
A lot has changed in two years.

Theresa May took up the poisoned chalice, is so stubborn that's she's just hanging onto power at all costs despite it falling down around her ears.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Those 48 letters will never appear.

Not sure that is quite the case but the sentiments are there. JRM has been miscounting his support for ages and holding meetings for rebellious Tory MPs in rooms only filled with journalists.

If the 48 letters do eventually come in then there is a vote of no confidence first and if May wins that (unless of course she resigns), she can't be challenged for a year.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not sure that is quite the case but the sentiments are there. JRM has been miscounting his support for ages and holding meetings for rebellious Tory MPs in rooms only filled with journalists.

If the 48 letters do eventually come in then there is a vote of no confidence first and if May wins that (unless of course she resigns), she can't be challenged for a year.

The letters are in, and a leadership challenge tonight.
158 votes against and she's gone.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
More delay whilst the selfish self-serving Conservatives play out their game whilst the country suffers. Every single Tory, MP or voter, should hang their head in utter shame.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Winston Churchill was a signatory to the ECJ in 1950 and very much for a United Europe. He said it would bring peace to Europe.

The referendum was far from fair, as the Electotoral Commision has found, passed to the Met police, and is now being investigated by the National Crime Agency, who investigate organised crime.
A lot has changed in two years.

Theresa May took up the poisoned chalice, is so stubborn that's she's just hanging onto power at all costs despite it falling down around her ears.

Agree entirely, the trouble is I have no confidence in whoever replaces her or even if a different party gets in.

Certainly feels that the political scene in this country is at its lowest ebb in my lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If you saw an advert in Autotrader for a perfect condition, fully taxed and MOT’d for 11 months 2010 VW Golf and you discussed it with your wife and both decided that’s the car for you but when you went to view it it turned out to be a 1992 VW Polo untaxed with 1 months MOT and extensive chassis rust what would you do? Shrug and say “well we decided fair and square that’s the car we wanted, we can’t change our minds now, come on kids, in the back, we are sticking with it”.
Of course you ****ing wouldn’t.

This sums up the situation excellently. Surprised 'David Icke' or is it 'David Ice' hasn't commented on this!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agree entirely, the trouble is I have no confidence in whoever replaces her or even if a different party gets in.

Certainly feels that the political scene in this country is at its lowest ebb in my lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly, I agree. The country has never been so divided.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here