Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Who will be our next Prime Minister?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
There wasn’t a fair democratic vote.
You're right as the remain rhetoric was much worse than leave and it should have been 70/30 leave :)
Saying that it was the biggest turn out in British history and nobody was moaning before and shortly after the result !!
Then our inept politicians did fack all for ages and remainers decided to make things even worse and feed the EU more ammunition.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Boris Johnson is keeping an extremely low profile at the moment. He's had his haircut, and is sitting quietly, just waiting to pounce.

He'll get stuck on a zip wire before he gets to any contest, dangling like the buffoon he is. Even his own constituents think he is more likely to be the Christmas fairy than PM.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You're right as the remain rhetoric was much worse than leave and it should have been 70/30 leave :)
Saying that it was the biggest turn out in British history and nobody was moaning before and shortly after the result !!
Then our inept politicians did fack all for ages and remainers decided to make things even worse and feed the EU more ammunition.

How did Remainers make things worse? Always somebody else to blame, eh?

Should have been 70/30? How do you work that one out? :lolol:

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
May could bring back the best possible deal but Parliament won’t vote for it!

Too many MP’s who voted remain representing constituencies that voted leave!

My MP voted remain, her constituency voted remain, and now she's a staunch supporter of May, who voted remain.

And some say a second vote would be undemocratic.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So you're not going to apologise despite being wrong by your own metric then calling me completely stupid?

Not really relevant to this thread but as you started the crying I would point out that at no time did I say you was stupid I asked the question and thus allow you to answer either Yes or No It is pity that you do not seem able to read and understand the written word but I do fully understand the differing education standards and levels. Do not bother to respond as I am not going to reply to your future posts.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We have a longstanding tradition in this country of enacting democratic results, one major reason why democracy has prevailed. This may be of little importance or hard to understand for some undemocratic loons but tough doo doos. Once the democratic will of the people is enacted we can exercise our democratic voice to change direction if needed ... it's how democracy works in this country.

So this longstanding tradition is based only on the three national referendums the country has had

What brexiteers seem to struggle to appreciate is that in a democracy, people can change their mind but of course that is exactly why they are running scared of a second vote!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Christian Fraser off the BBC looks like Smug Eddie's dad.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not really relevant to this thread but as you started the crying I would point out that at no time did I say you was stupid I asked the question and thus allow you to answer either Yes or No It is pity that you do not seem able to read and understand the written word but I do fully understand the differing education standards and levels. Do not bother to respond as I am not going to reply to your future posts.

So you're not going to apologise despite being wrong by your own metric then calling me completely stupid?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Conspiring suggests secrecy, not sure this is particularly secretive. We always knew the house was massively in favour of remaining and still is - that is why we didn’t have a referendum for 40 years because it was always the case it would collide with our Parliamentary democracy. The referendum was advisory, our Parliament does actually have the ‘sovereign’ democratic right to go **** it, we’re staying in. Not saying they should, but that is our democracy like it or not.

Fair comment - but conspiracy also suggests deviousness. They haven't come right out and said, no way, we're ignoring the referendum - but at every step of the way they have put up a little objection here, and little hindrance there, a little red herring here, everything they can think of to try and derail the process. That regard as conspiracy.

As for the old chestnut about the referendum being binding, it was introduced as such and presented to Parliament and the electorate as such, and no-one who heard David Cameron pleading at the last minute with voters not to vote leave ('If you vote leave, that's it, the next day we'll be leaving the European Union') could be in any doubt that it was binding. Of course, the slimey toad was actually lying about leaving the next day, and didn't have the balls to invoke Article 50 before he flounced off into the political wilderness.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Interesting take on it. Interesting times overall.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They had a vote 2 years ago, she won, you can’t just ask for another vote because you no longer like the result.

#MayMeansMay

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm going to say she'll be safe so I reckon she'll still be PM

A long, long time ago I redall there was a vote (1975?) to join/remain in the "Common Market" later EU. I was too young to vote in that one, anyone here old enough to remember how they voted? We voted to join, then had another vote regarding leaving over 40 years later - does that set a precedent for yet another vote??

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
A long, long time ago I redall there was a vote (1975?) to join/remain in the "Common Market" later EU. I was too young to vote in that one, anyone here old enough to remember how they voted? We voted to join, then had another vote regarding leaving over 40 years later - does that set a precedent for yet another vote??

I voted to join, remain and then remain two years ago.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here