Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Who will be our next Prime Minister?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Sadly, I think you're right. All Parliament, and all the senior Civil Servants that are supposed to be advising them on leaving the EU are so pro-EU fanatics that they are hell bent on finding ways to overturn/ignore the will of the people that they will stop at nothing. Shysters the lot of them.
What exactly would you then expect from these people, the exact same people, if we weren't in the EU then? The ones who would still be in power.

That they'd suddenly start acting in the interest of the people on important issues?

Why, if they have screwed you over on this one?

It's massively flawed logic. You want the same people who you despise to have more power to **** you over with no comebacks.

Oh and you're wrong. There are hundreds of massively pro Brexit MPs and they are backed up by thousands of minions who will do whatever they think they can to feather their own nests. That's part of why May is up slack alley.

Every post of yours on this issue is about, or alludes to, a massive conspiracy theory that doesn't exist. You're coming across as a bit Icke. Sorry.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
There are reports that late night talks are taking place between Buckingham Palace and the Cabinet Office. What gives?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yes, but it's them we voted against -please do it our way, not your's! We don't care how far up Brussels' rectum you've crawled, crawl back out.

Nothing to do with being up "Brussels rectum", the public service hates change and the civil service has a mandate for continuity.

You'd have as much trouble after a referendum to enter if we were currently outside.

If you think you can vote against the civil service I suggest you download the rule book.

I agree with you on the central point that the civil service have made it more difficult but that was ALWAYS going to happen. Add to that the bureaucrats in the EU. Unfortunately people just swallowed the bollocks this was gonna be easy.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What exactly would you then expect from these people, the exact same people, if we weren't in the EU then? The ones who would still be in power.

That they'd suddenly start acting in the interest of the people on important issues?

Why, if they have screwed you over on this one?

It's massively flawed logic. You want the same people who you despise to have more power to **** you over with no comebacks.

Oh and you're wrong. There are hundreds of massively pro Brexit MPs and they are backed up by thousands of minions who will do whatever they think they can to feather their own nests. That's part of why May is up slack alley.

Every post of yours on this issue is about, or alludes to, a massive conspiracy theory that doesn't exist. You're coming across as a bit Icke. Sorry.

I voted to leave the EU. I am not thick (I think that's what you were trying to say but couldn't type it correctly). I am not racist. I do not want to send all brown people 'home'. I do not want to remain in the EU, end of. I'm sorry you seem unable to accept that fact without resorting to insults - conspiracy theory my a*** - but that's your problem. Bit lcke yourself, I think.

Goodnight, and sweet dreams of your United States of Europe. I sincerely hope it's just dreams.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I voted to leave the EU. I am not thick (I think that's what you were trying to say but couldn't type it correctly). I am not racist. I do not want to send all brown people 'home'. I do not want to remain in the EU, end of. I'm sorry you seem unable to accept that fact without resorting to insults - conspiracy theory my a*** - but that's your problem. Bit lcke yourself, I think.

Goodnight, and sweet dreams of your United States of Europe. I sincerely hope it's just dreams.

WHOOSH!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Icke

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You'd have as much trouble after a referendum to enter if we were currently outside.[/QUOTE
If only!

I agree with you on the central point that the civil service have made it more difficult but that was ALWAYS going to happen. Add to that the bureaucrats in the EU. Unfortunately people just swallowed the bollocks this was gonna be easy.
Agree with the first part, but it's highly patronising to think that all leavers thought it would be easy. To her credit, May did in fact take up probably the most poisoned chalice that any Prime Minister has ever tried to take up. The deal ain't great, but once we're safely out we can move on from there.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The job is a poisoned chalice for whoever gets it right now, with Boris being the last choice IMHO, as he is a useless clown.
A second referendum on Brexit would make a you a laughing stock internationally, there was a democratic vote and the Brexit camp won, stop stalling and leave as soon as possible.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The job is a poisoned chalice for whoever gets it right now, with Boris being the last choice IMHO, as he is a useless clown.
A second referendum on Brexit would make a you a laughing stock internationally, there was a democratic vote and the Brexit camp won, stop stalling and leave as soon as possible.

There wasn’t a fair democratic vote.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You'd have as much trouble after a referendum to enter if we were currently outside.[/QUOTE
If only!

Agree with the first part, but it's highly patronising to think that all leavers thought it would be easy. To her credit, May did in fact take up probably the most poisoned chalice that any Prime Minister has ever tried to take up. The deal ain't great, but once we're safely out we can move on from there.

I'm not patronising anyone and especially not you. I have an incredibly nuanced view on the whole thing which I hope I have expressed on here.

We are a very conservative nation with a small c and I honestly believe the remain vote would have *just* won if we knew of the car crash to follow. Now just to be clear, that's not me saying we should have another vote because of what we know now.

No-one could have predicted this.

If I look at this independently (which I try to do all the time) I've no f##### idea what the hard line Brexit MPs are up to. If I was one of them I'd be a bit more pragmatic (like Fox and Gove) and think f### it. Lets just get out now and negotiate the rest later. We are OUT, we have far more freedom to get what we want.

Unfortunately I think there is a far wider agenda from the likes of Rees Mogg, Johnson et al.

They want to turn the UK into a low regulation, low taxation tax haven. They couldn't give a flying **** about the small people and Brexit is simply a means to an end, Such an economy would rely on immigration to perform the new, low paid jobs. Yes they will be in charge of immigration, but not you,

Sorry that is my view and if we end up out of Europe and they gain power they would have sold millions down the river. The alternative is a hard left Corbyn style government from another era.

There is more to Brexit than Brexit I'm afraid. Both sides of the political spectrum are using it for other means.

I hope we stay in to contain extremism from either side.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Brexit would make a you a laughing stock internationally.

I'll disagree with that point. Other countries have had a second one on a number of issues, changed their mind and it gets forgotten quite quickly.

Quite what it will do internally is another matter. As a remainer there is no getting away from the fact that a cancellation of Brexit would allow the status quo to suppress the radical.

Because if the agenda of the hard brexiters, I believe the second to be the lesser of two evils. Just.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You having a David Ice moment? OK, bless. Peace be with you...............

Wear blue.................
And you were incorrectly insulting my spelling? Wow.

You've had your rant. Now read what I actually wrote in my original post and maybe try replying like an adult instead of thinking that I was insulting you, because you misread it.

If you need it spelling out, David Icke (not Ice) is a massive conspiracy theorist. Your constant posts about some huge government/civil service/parliament conspiracy to undermine Brexit make you sound like him.

I find it disappointing as aside from this subject you seem like a decent person and are usually eloquent and measured in your posts.

I think you need to take a step back and have a rethink as you've backed yourself into a corner of nonsense. Conspiracy theories tend to do that to people once they start believing them.

I am in no way in favour of a United States of Europe by the way. So you can desist with the silly childish stuff re that. I also have no problem with you wanting the country to not be in the EU. It's just the conspiracy nonsense that I find odd, and out of character. And you keep banging on about it.

Anyway, no big deal. What will be will be.....

At least I didn't call you Alex Jones (no, not the bird).

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Wrong. We can change our minds. That is our democratic right. We should not handcuff ourselves to past mistakes or to incompetence at carrying them out.

Ok, so any result will do so long as it is a yes vote.
The exit party won fair and square so get out.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Apart from the Boris comment I completely disagree.

The job would NOT be a poisoned chalice to a great politician with ideas, ideals and charisma.

Unfortunately we don't have any. Well, not any who are anywhere near being in power.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If you saw an advert in Autotrader for a perfect condition, fully taxed and MOT’d for 11 months 2010 VW Golf and you discussed it with your wife and both decided that’s the car for you but when you went to view it it turned out to be a 1992 VW Polo untaxed with 1 months MOT and extensive chassis rust what would you do? Shrug and say “well we decided fair and square that’s the car we wanted, we can’t change our minds now, come on kids, in the back, we are sticking with it”.
Of course you ****ing wouldn’t.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Apart from the Boris comment I completely disagree.

The job would NOT be a poisoned chalice to a great politician with ideas, ideals and charisma.

Unfortunately we don't have any. Well, not any who are anywhere near being in power.

Shame you can’t dig up Churchill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here