Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Who will be our next Prime Minister?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How was I wrong or insulting. If you considered that an insult after what you post of me attempting to take the p..s I will apologise but I think you are pushing it a bit.

So you're not going to apologise despite being wrong by your own metric then calling me completely stupid?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Time to think outside the box......Angela Merkel is about to step down as German Chancellor......could do a job.

:lolol:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
That's the maths. Will 158 vote against her knowing that there aren't many candidates to replace her. It's taken an age to get the letters in and whilst there will be a number of MPs who will ride on the back of those that did submit them will it be enough to achieve their goal! May couldn't get a majority in the house to support her plan but that doesn't mean she won't get the support of sitting Tory MPs to stay in power! Isn't Margaret Thatcher the only sitting Tory PM to have lost a challenge?

Almost. She actually won the first round 204-152 over Heseltine, but party rules dictated that the margin of victory wasn't enough and it would go to a second round of voting. She resigned before that vote was held, and John Major entered and won the second round.

IDS is the only Tory leader to have a lost a challenge that I'm aware of

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just watched PMQ, we get what we vote for - utter shambles.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Having another vote about who should be leader of the country ?

They had one just after the referendum.

What are they, some sort of undemocratic loons ? © [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION]

You mean the one where the necessary democratic criteria in the leadership contest were met and the result enacted ... :facepalm:

Were you meant to be posting as Plooks? :p

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A second referendum on Brexit would make a you a laughing stock internationally
Hardly. Have you seen who's in charge of the US? And plenty of European countries can't agree on who should run their country, so us being unclear about the leave options is no great shakes.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It doesn't really matter who it is, the whole charade will play out again like it has done countless times.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Parliament delegated the decision to the people ... the democratically elected Government committed to hold a referendum and enact the result. Is the real correct answer, Binding if Remain had won ... advisory if Leave won? ???

Thought we were talking about the leadership election?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I thought I knew, but if it needs another vote within 2 years, I'm starting to wonder...

So the Tories are allowed a second vote but we're not...:hilton:

We have a longstanding tradition in this country of enacting democratic results, one major reason why democracy has prevailed. This may be of little importance or hard to understand for some undemocratic loons but tough doo doos. Once the democratic will of the people is enacted we can exercise our democratic voice to change direction if needed ... it's how democracy works in this country.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We have a longstanding tradition in this country of enacting democratic results, one major reason why democracy has prevailed. This may be of little importance or hard to understand for some undemocratic loons but tough doo doos. Once the democratic will of the people is enacted we can exercise our democratic voice to change direction if needed ... it's how democracy works in this country.

Exactly. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here