Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Who will be our next Prime Minister?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
May is looking increasingly like a dead woman walking. To be fair, she is seemingly made of tough stuff and I thought she would be gone 3 weeks ago and I reckon she will front up to any leadership challenge - unless the numbers of 'no confidence' letters make the maths impossible.

So if she resigns, or faces and loses a challenge, who is next in Number 10? I have always taken a keen interest in UK politics but on this occasion I have absolutely no idea.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Boris Johnson is keeping an extremely low profile at the moment. He's had his haircut, and is sitting quietly, just waiting to pounce.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
some fringe Conservative that no one will think of.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Some snotty piece of Tory shite that none of us have even heard of yet. TBH (best of a bad lot) would prefer to stick with TM, who at least is trying to deliver Brexit, as per the majority vote in the referendum.

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Boris. Then we will really be in the plop.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Who knows, but I can GUARANTEE they will be a self-serving **** that doesn’t give one nanogram of shite what is best for the general public of this country, or any other.

Hugo Rune

Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sadly the Tory leadership contest will be all about Europe.

There will obviously be a different candidate for each of ‘No Deal/Hard Brexit’, ‘Maydeal’, ‘Norway+’ and a ‘2nd Referendum’ (quiet remainer) options.

I think the quiet remainer would win. May is clearly the best chance this country has of Brexit now, leavers should back her or prepare to vote again on Brexit.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Who knows, but I can GUARANTEE they will be a self-serving **** that doesn’t give one nanogram of shite what is best for the general public of this country, or any other.

Another f***in' w@nker who wants to try to sneakily do away with the inconvenient referendum result then? There will be plenty of the Westminster Bubble 'know-better-than-the-people sh1tes up for that..................

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I pray we get someone with the guts to simply reverse the referendum, not hold a second one. It’s what the country needs and I want a leader who is prepared to annoy the right wing donkeys and get the job done. We need a Churchillian resolve now, a spine of steel capable of weathering the backlash in order to restore some sanity to the U.K. and not just do a May and placate the idiot masses by going for Leave whatever the consequence.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I pray we get someone with the guts to simply reverse the referendum, not hold a second one. It’s what the country needs and I want a leader who is prepared to annoy the right wing donkeys and get the job done. We need a Churchillian resolve now, a spine of steel capable of weathering the backlash in order to restore some sanity to the U.K. it just do a May and placate the idiot masses by going for Leave whatever the consequence.

Nick Knowles definitely.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sadly the Tory leadership contest will be all about Europe.

There will obviously be a different candidate for each of ‘No Deal/Hard Brexit’, ‘Maydeal’, ‘Norway+’ and a ‘2nd Referendum’ (quiet remainer) options.

I think the quiet remainer would win. May is clearly the best chance this country has of Brexit now, leavers should back her or prepare to vote again on Brexit.
Sadly, I think you're right. All Parliament, and all the senior Civil Servants that are supposed to be advising them on leaving the EU are so pro-EU fanatics that they are hell bent on finding ways to overturn/ignore the will of the people that they will stop at nothing. Shysters the lot of them.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sadly, I think you're right. All Parliament, and all the senior Civil Servants that are supposed to be advising them on leaving the EU are so pro-EU fanatics that they are hell bent on finding ways to overturn/ignore the will of the people that they will stop at nothing. Shysters the lot of them.

But that is the status quo system, the very "tried and tested system" that those wanting the sovereignty of the UK have voted for against the interference of the EU.

Welcome to the public sector :lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But that is the status quo system, the very "tried and tested system" that those wanting the sovereignty of the UK have voted for against the interference of the EU.

Welcome to the public sector :lolol:
Yes, but it's them we voted against -please do it our way, not your's! We don't care how far up Brussels' rectum you've crawled, crawl back out.

And once we're safely out, we can vote as we wish to decide which bunch of shysters will govern us, just not the EU.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here