Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Strasbourg shooting.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Two people have been killed and 11 others wounded in a shooting in the eastern French city of Strasbourg.

The gunman, known to security services, is on the run and is being hunted by police. He had been injured in an exchange of gunfire with a soldier, police said.

The shooting happened close to a Christmas market in one of the central squares, Place Kléber.

France's counter terrorism prosecutor has opened an investigation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46530265

Here we go....:(

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Terror threat is escalating rapidly across Europe and the U.K. according to news tonight.

Very sad news.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did I hear correctly on Sky News that France has a list of 400000 people on their potential threat list? If so Wow just Wow

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Did I hear correctly on Sky News that France has a list of 400000 people on their potential threat list? If so Wow just Wow

That is basically 10% of the French Muslim population. This doesn't include the moderate Muslims who know the 400,000 like family or Mosque associates. They all rub shoulders and greet each other with salamu alaykum.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is the gunman still on the run ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That is basically 10% of the French Muslim population. This doesn't include the moderate Muslims who know the 400,000 like family or Mosque associates. They all rub shoulders and greet each other with salamu alaykum.

A. Why assume that ALL of the persons on their ‘potential threat list’ are from the Muslim population? There are other potential threats.

B. The figure quoted might well already include family and close associates of those personally being monitored.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
A. Why assume that ALL of the persons on their ‘potential threat list’ are from the Muslim population? There are other potential threats.

B. The figure quoted might well already include family and close associates of those personally being monitored.

A. Come on. 95% of them will be, you know that.

B. I'd imagine it does, yes. Otherwise they really are in trouble.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
They all rub shoulders and greet each other with salamu alaykum.

Silly comment. I personally know British Muslims who have very little if anything to do with the wider Muslim community and never use that particular greeting. Whatever validity your point might have is not helped by daft postscripts like this, you just sound like a right Tommy.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Silly comment. I personally know British Muslims who have very little if anything to do with the wider Muslim community and never use that particular greeting. Whatever validity your point might have is not helped by daft postscripts like this, you just sound like a right Tommy.

Ad hominem attack = no substance.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here