Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion make £12m profit in 2017/18

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
They will say it’s not comparing apples with apples but do we have equivalent headline numbers for Palace in say their first two seasons in the promised land?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crystal Palace Data Set.JPG

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Surprised commercial income has only risen from £5.1m to £8.8m. I presumed promotion would trigger a significantly increased payment from American Express. Maybe this is a reflection of the fact their sponsorship pre-dates Barber. This is quite a poor figure for the PL and an area I am certain they will aim to improve.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Surprised commercial income has only risen from £5.1m to £8.8m. I presumed promotion would trigger a significantly increased payment from American Express. Maybe this is a reflection of the fact their sponsorship pre-dates Barber. This is quite a poor figure for the PL and an area I am certain they will aim to improve.

Same goes for naming rights for the stadium i guess. We could earn a lot more but are tied into a contract.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Same goes for naming rights for the stadium i guess. We could earn a lot more but are tied into a contract.

Yeah. I think if Barber had been around he'd have ensured that there were clauses in the contracts for shirt sponsorship and naming rights that triggered hefty increases in the event of promotion. By comparison Southampton earned £17m. Even Burnley managed £10m.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Does their sponsorship of the kit pre date Barbs?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

The two figures that interest me is in the last two years:

2.5 times increase for highest paid director.

Double the spend per fan.

How much higher will these figures go in the next 2 years???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181211-210715.jpg
    Screenshot_20181211-210715.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 556

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
The Amex kit sponsorship started in the 2013-14 season. This would be its sixth year, so it's quite possible it has been renewed since then - I'm not sure if we'd know or not, as the club only said "a new multi-year deal commencing in July 2013."

Barber was appointed in May 2012.

Cheers. I stand corrected! My memory must be getting hazy. I was convinced they'd been our shirt sponsors since 2011, but it was Brighton and Hove Jobs. Completely forgotten that. Knew I should have doubled checked.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
The two figures that interest me is in the last two years:

2.5 times increase for highest paid director.

Double the spend per fan.

How much higher will these figures go in the next 2 years???

Compared to the money CPFC are paying their highest paid director I would say we are getting VFM in that area!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here