Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Even if he did say Manc and not black

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
It was vile. Look at his face, contorted with rage and why? It's a game and he's a 60yr old man. Should know a lot better.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was vile. Look at his face, contorted with rage and why? It's a game and he's a 60yr old man. Should know a lot better.

Nice teeth too. Money.

What an absolute piece of shit.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Does that make it ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I very much doubt that Raheem Sterling has made a mistake or has lied. The guy is only sorry he got caught and reported.

Well done to Raheem for standing up to this and holding a mirror up the these people and the people in the media who facilitate it

Your question is it OK to say ''Manc'' - Yes of course it is BUT not in the aggressive vitriol manner that guy did it in.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm confused, the guy is saying he has lost his job because of it but I don't see how he could have?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
What gets me is that he somehow thought people would think better of him if he hadn’t used the word black (which he clearly did).

Racism is totally unacceptable but the hatred and vitriol he showed means he’s a pretty vile human being if he said it or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That’s as laughable as that goon who got booted by Catona claiming he only said “off you go Eric, it’s time for an early bath”

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
‘Team Chelsea’. Short of admitting their guilt, I don’t see how you can say otherwise if you believe in our justice system that everyone’s innocent until proven guilty. Not that this is a criminal case, they can be banned on a whim if Chelsea want to; but if it were and let’s just use this principle for a moment. Because as much as we all want to stamp out racism, I’ve learnt not to trust photos. And a Footballer, just like anyone else, can mishear, misunderstand or misread a situation. Equally, if they swore at him then lock us all up because who hasn’t done this? Again, Chelsea can throw them out for this if they want to. But, without definitely knowing these fans are culprable, it would be tokenism and rather unfair simply to believe one persons word against another’s despite what we’re being made to believe. What is really good to see is the coverage: guilty or not, it’s a timely reminder that cameras are there and if you’re going to behave badly you’re increasingly likely to get caught and be held accountable for your actions. Especially in the front row of a PL match

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The Jay ‘Pinocchio’ Rodriguez line of defence. Racist middle age losers.

If I sat behind them and heard racism, I’d back Sterling and the authorities.

I noticed in the photo a steward who was immediately adjacent and appeared to be of mixed race or a person of colour. Have we heard what they’ve had to say yet? He surely must have heard what was shouted? Be interested to hear their ear-witness account

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That’s as laughable as that goon who got booted by Catona claiming he only said “off you go Eric, it’s time for an early bath”

Wasn’t that a bit of an urban myth? Didn’t the media satirically say this in the absence of the fan admitting what he said? Or did he actually admit saying this. It sounds like a PG Woodhouse remark rather than a chavvy thug and a Palace one at that.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011

He was also one of the supporters who defended kicking a black guy from a train carriage that the fans were on in a previous incident.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

60? I reckon 50. Anyway it doesn’t look good but then photos can be enormously misrepresentative so we can’t convict someone just on that basis. Not sure about knowing a lot better whether 50 or 60 because I see dozens of similarly aged gentlemen in the North losing their shit every other week during course of a match. That’s just football and it’s what makes the game what it is whether you agree or disagree.

What gets me is that he somehow thought people would think better of him if he hadn’t used the word black (which he clearly did).

Racism is totally unacceptable but the hatred and vitriol he showed means he’s a pretty vile human being if he said it or not.

Blimey, hope you don't sit anywhere near me, you'd be screaming for a steward every game

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He was also one of the supporters who defended kicking a black guy from a train carriage that the fans were on in a previous incident.

Interesting if so. By defence, assume as a witness rather than legal councillor as that incident did end up in court of law.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

" It's not illegal to be racist " :ffsparr:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

'Which he clearly did'?? I'm not sure that would stand up in court in a libel trial. Even the most expert lipreader would be very hard-pressed to tell the difference between 'black' and 'Manc'.If someone is willing to say on oath that they heard him say 'black,' then that's a different matter. Could Raheem Sterling say for sure? Probably he heard someone say it, but his back was to the accused man.

I'm guessing that he did say it but even if the police decide to prosecute, I would imagine that a decent lawyer will get him off.

https://lipreadingpractice.co.uk/Lip-Reading-Exercises/Consonants/m-p-b-sounds/

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Blimey, hope you don't sit anywhere near me, you'd be screaming for a steward every game

This is true. You cannot convict someone simply because they look or appear to be vile - I’d never see daylight!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here