Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Argus comments section

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's in the Argus Comments section! The posters on there are not known for their accuracy or grasp of reality(to put it mildly). Also it makes NSC look like the in-house messageboard for MENSA

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Really? I can understand there may have been some planning restriction as a sop to the inhabitants of Falmer village who have their lives ruined, but I wouldn't think having a second stadium would make that any better - it's still hoards of rampaging football fans invading their peaceful rural idyll. Better spend the money on a smart lawyer to get the ruling overturned, I would have thought.

Still, with a nice little 6000 seater stadium all ready for action, I suppose we'd at least be League 2 ready if and when the time comes that we slip down the leagues again!

I can't visualise the scale, and will probably be way off the mark, but the land that was designated for the hotel is still free. I know the club said if the hotel wasn't passed, they wouldn't apply again, so could that area have a pitch and some seating?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I can't visualise the scale, and will probably be way off the mark, but the land that was designated for the hotel is still free. I know the club said if the hotel wasn't passed, they wouldn't apply again, so could that area have a pitch and some seating?

Wasn't the hotel planned for the sliver of land between the railway line and the A27? Where the stadium staff/players car park is and the empty house next to the railway station? No room for a football pitch in there.

hotel.png

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wasn't the hotel planned for the sliver of land between the railway line and the A27? Where the stadium staff/players car park is and the empty house next to the railway station? No room for a football pitch in there.

View attachment 102879

No, it was the area to the east of the East stand between that and Bennet's Field. It has a bank of soil and grass at the moment.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
There's a gigantic field going spare south of Bennett's Field - could we not build a 90,000 seat megastadium there and give the current piddly thing to the U23s / Women?

We want Falmer 2!

Capture.JPG

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
No. It was next to the Bennett’s field car park.

No, it was the area to the east of the East stand between that and Bennet's Field. It has a bank of soil and grass at the moment.

You live and learn! That space is even smaller than where I thought it was going to be. Seems Argus comments section has outdone itself for talking rubbish as there is no space anywhere near the Amex for a 2nd pitch and stands. Like someone posted above they should enter into some sort of partnership with Whitehawk, or other local non-league team, to groundshare.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would it not be more feasible for a director of this club or a financed relation to buy a local non league club like Whitehawk, Southwick, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath or similar then use that ground for both the non league side and the womens team provided of course it is within FA rules for such a purchase.

Or re-lease Withdean from the council just for the ladies team

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Would it not be more feasible for a director of this club or a financed relation to buy a local non league club like Whitehawk, Southwick, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath or similar then use that ground for both the non league side and the womens team provided of course it is within FA rules for such a purchase.

Or re-lease Withdean from the council just for the ladies team

Any ground needs to meet the requirements for WSL1

http://www.thefa.com/Leagues/Nation...Files/PDF/Get into Football/GradeCJuly08.ashx

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So presumably if the money was available, such a ground could be purchased and brought up to the required standard - beneficial to the existing owning club, and I guess a lot cheaper - and more environmentally friendly - than building a whole new stadium.

that was my view and my immediate thought was Whitehawks ground

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here