Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] While Ryan's away

Who would you like to see playing for Brighton as GK while Ryan is away?

• Jason Steele

Votes: 21 17.4%
  • David Button

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Christian Walton - on the assumption he can be recalled

Votes: 66 54.5%
  • A.N. Other - Please specify

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
No we cant. He’s on a season long loan.

As long as a recall option was included in the loan agreement, the player can be .....recalled during the January transfer window.

Such a clause isn't always reported, even if it exists, but the club specifically mentioned it when Walton's loan was announced.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Steele seems to be ahead of Button, who didn;t especially convince in the Southampton game, I don't remember seeing Steele so I've no idea if he's up to standard. Hughton will know though from seeing him in training all year ... so either ...

Steele has been impressed in training =he gets the shirt

or Steele hasn't impressed in training = We need to get someone in. I don't have a name, but someone with top level experience to get us through to the end of the season. My guess it would be a current reserve goalie for another premier league or equivalent team. Probably someone approaching retirement. It probably doesn't matter if they're home grown or not as surely having a goalie who is certain to play for at least a month is more important for the squad than having, say Schellotto or Suttner who are down the pecking order. I also guess that if we are looking to get someone in, we've probably already agreed it in principle in time for the deal to be done right at the start of January

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Murray. After all Adams turned Virgo from a defender to a striker so why can't CH mix it up a bit ? Then we could have Murray and Andone on the pitch at the same time.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
My suggestion is against Chelsea, start with Ryan and when we are 3;0 up after 30 minutes then bring on Steele for half an hour. For the last half hour we could stick Button in goal and CH can make an informed decision from there.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Jason Steel? Sounds like an amalgum of:

jason.jpg

and sapphire_steel.jpg

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I'm not too fussed, they both have plenty of experience playing at a decent level and i'm sure their 6 months of coaching under Ben Roberts will only have improved them, also no disrespect intended to their previous clubs, but they will also have a decent defence in front of them.

Failing that, we will just have to have a change of approach and attack, attack, attack attack attack.

Im too young at 52 to remember but wasn' t there a Brighton manager back in the 60's who realised his defence wasn't very good so set his team up to out-score the opposition every week? Think they won the league and scored over 100 goals in the process, must have been great to watch.

BTW, im not really suggesting that Hughton should or would ever do that!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Stockdale.Was going to say Koosh,but he's thrown a sickie.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Flinders anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports