Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] While Ryan's away

Who would you like to see playing for Brighton as GK while Ryan is away?

• Jason Steele

Votes: 21 17.4%
  • David Button

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Christian Walton - on the assumption he can be recalled

Votes: 66 54.5%
  • A.N. Other - Please specify

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So we know Maty is off to the Asian Cup in January - who would you prefer between the sticks whilst he's gone?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why would Steele be on the bench for every game and therefore not be our no.2? :shrug:

No idea. This is just an opinion poll to see who people would prefer in goal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Rush goalie.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I haven't seen enough of Steele or Button to make an informed decision. Walton looks like he is getting the experience he needs, so i would leave him on loan at Wigan.

Is there an option for don't know / leave it to CH?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’m happy to rely on the coaching staff and management. They’ve known its coming and had 4 months together.

But hopefully not Steele

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Someone taller :moo:

On a serious note, I find the whole negatively about Ryan going away a bit baffling. As it stands, the club has almost an equivalent backup in every position on the pitch, so why shouldn't this be the case for the goalkeeper? I love Maty Ryan and he is an outstanding keeper, but why shouldn't Steele and/or Button be able to step up when required? They're not exactly here purely to make up the numbers, are they?

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Who ever is in the best form , fitness position and has the nerves .... I trust CH's decision on the two backups we currently have

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Someone taller :moo:

On a serious note, I find the whole negatively about Ryan going away a bit baffling. As it stands, the club has almost an equivalent backup in every position on the pitch, so why shouldn't this be the case for the goalkeeper? I love Maty Ryan and he is an outstanding keeper, but why shouldn't Steele and/or Button be able to step up when required? They're not exactly here purely to make up the numbers, are they?

Well rightly or wrongly, there are a sizeable minority of fans, who don't rate either, based on past form before they came to the club.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here