Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How did you introduce your "significant other" to The Albion, or haven't you?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
When did "significant other" creep into out language, i thought it was only used on mumsnet.

When inviting a load of people to our Christmas Party recently I was corrected on the use of the term Wives, Husbands or Partners, and was told I should use "significant other", personally think it's b*ll*cks but hey, go with the flow.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

When I met Mrs EYCL , I explained to her that I was already in a long-term relationship with my first love (the Albion) and that statistically, I was more likely to be faithful to the Albion than I was to her!! She came to a game at the Withdean to watch a League Cup 1st round match - she saw it as a family trip with our two young sons and was aghast that she couldn't take her china mug into the ground along with her flask, despite me telling her this would be the case before we left home - she left it with Stewards, and tracked it down afterwards. She came to Amex once, (Vicente vs. Portsmouth) just to see what the fuss was about with the new ground, and having done that does not feel the need to come again!!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The previous Mrs G went to a few games with me but, having watched a truly terrible game at Hartlepool, refused to come to any more. Hartlepool does that to people.

Those who have been to Hartlepool never forget it, ever.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Mine was introduced to live Football by a colleague, when a group after a seasonal dinner in Portsmouth went to Fratton Park. She loved it - better than watching it on the telly. This progressed fairly quickly to a season ticket at Saints, and then one day she bought herself a Seagulls membership and a ticket to a Seagulls Match, which she liked as well - the AMEX is a much better Stadium experience than St Mary's.

If the friend she goes to saints with gave up her season ticket gave up, I think she would be trying for a Seagulls one. She's on the Waiting list.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Not being from the area she introduced me. Better half has been watching the local side since the Goldstone days in the 1970’s.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
My first game with the missus in her stripes was at the Priestfield, so she is hardcore!

Used to do lots of away days before kids and would be prepared to take the whole family but unfortunately, my daughter didn't get her shirt, cos her dad was a lazy **** and missed the deadline by 2 days.

# dadout

Best memory of Mrs Mouldy was away to Palace when we were all singing in the Pub and she went one further and was dancing on the tables and in full voice. Can't remember the result of the game though can you?

D

Deleted member 2719

Best memory of Mrs Mouldy was away to Palace when we were all singing in the Pub and she went one further and was dancing on the tables and in full voice. Can't remember the result of the game though can you?

That was Ffs Johnson day.:tantrum:

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2018-12-11-14-42-32.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2018-12-11-14-42-32.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 42

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Brighton 1 Carlisle 2 at the Withdean, 30 December 2006.. In the uncovered stand.. Soaked through, wearing Albion bin bag ponchos... Did finally manage to take her to the Amex recently.. She did notice the difference...

Lego-Stand

Nov 6, 2003
I took Mrs Lego-Stand to the infamous home game vs York in 1996 she was 12 weeks pregnant at the time and I was living at her parents while we were saving for a deposit... So technically it was my wife's and eldest daughters first game which was a pitch invasion! My photo running on to the pitch was on the Sunday Mirror an Argus ... The future father in law was not impressed. Suffice to say we are all season ticket holders now (not the father in law)

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
That was Ffs Johnson day.:tantrum:

No wonder I couldn't remember the result. From Drunken haze to deep depression in 90 minutes of hell. That was also the game you nearly go arrested for pointing at horse sh1t and singing Pace is full of sh1t.....ha ha

D

Deleted member 2719

No wonder I couldn't remember the result. From Drunken haze to deep depression in 90 minutes of hell. That was also the game you nearly go arrested for pointing at horse sh1t and singing Pace is full of sh1t.....ha ha

Fortunately, an insider MET mate helped me out that day.

Too many shandies had that day, as you had in Brentford.

:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I met mine at the promotion parade party!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I took her to her first match in April 1996 - the York match at the Goldstone which was abandoned. She’s been a season ticket holder since and, as far as I’m aware, she’s yet to invade the pitch again.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The mrs used to go to the albion with her dad and brother years before we even came to brighton., she hasn't been since we lost 4-0 at gillingham to Darlington....been to the Amex to see rod Stewart though.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Mrs P quite liked football as a passing interest before we met. The importance I place on it in terms of my life completely changed that and she really hates it now, can’t understand why I can get so upset, high etc because of it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I had only been with my new girlfriend (now been together for 14 years and married for 10 years) for a month when we decided to go to Leeds for a weekend away. I thought it would be nice to take her to the away game at Rotherham (this was the last game of the 2004-05 season). We won 1-0 and I think she enjoyed herself.
Was that the one where one of their defenders picked Leon Knight up (off the ball but in front of us) and chucked him on the ground.... like a doll? It was piss funny.

My Mrs wasn't at that game but I did take her to some really shit games.

Forest away in 2004/5 I think it was. We'd not been going out for long and I said it would be a good day out. We walked from the train station towards the ground following some other Brighton fans. Ended up walking through some proper shithole estate and then going in a boozer that was rammed with fans but which I quickly realised was not a good place for someone with a southern accent. She was oblivious but we drank up and left quickly.

Then paid £52 to get tickets to watch a league 1 game, had a beer in the depressing concrete bunker under the stand and watched us chuck away a one nil lead to lose 2-1.

Great.

Hillsborough on a soaking wet Wednesday night. I persuaded her to go there instead of a Stereophonics gig that she wanted to go to.

A ****ing AWFUL game of football. Nil nil. Walked half the way home cos we couldn't get a taxi.

Nice.

There have been some good ones but I'm not surprised that these days she just lets me go with the nipper instead....

Good thing is she is an Albion fan, always watches when we're on TV and refers to Brighton as "us" and "did we win?" etc which I see as a result as she's from Sheffield and her Dad supports the Massive. [emoji23]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here