Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How did you introduce your "significant other" to The Albion, or haven't you?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
2014 at home vs yeovil - 2-0 and Kazenga's goal was struck from right in front of us. She was impressed with the celebrations.
Also went with our daughters the following season when we lost at home to Boro.

She hasn't been since.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
2014 at home vs yeovil - 2-0 and Kazenga's goal was struck from right in front of us. She was impressed with the celebrations.
Also went with our daughters the following season when we lost at home to Boro.

She hasn't been since.

Mrs OW even came to the infamous Boro' game at the end of the season a couple of season's ago, as we were leaving the ground she muttered those immortal word to our teenage Son's and I, "let's not let it spoil the weekend away", there followed a couple of minutes of very restrained silence only broken by youngest stating "You just don't get it, do you?"

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Other way round...

My missus introduced me to the Albion via her dad. It was made clear that if our relationship was to have a future, 2 hours every fortnight would be spent at Withdean with my future father in law.

I took great pleasure from going in the away end whenever Donny Rovers we’re in town, they took great pleasure from mocking me over the results, although I’m sure Rovers got a win in the late 2000’s.

Almost 2 decades later we meet brothers, sons, nephews, friends in SWC every home game. Sadly my father in law is no longer with us but I think he achieved his legacy wish.

I would sit in the away end if Rovers came to town again....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside, my father first took me in 1977, my brother a couple of years later. Aside from a couple of seasons when I was 17/18 we have all been going continuously ever since.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I took the Frau to the AMEX Pompey game, the one where Vicente single-handedly beat them. She was wined and dined in 1901, the official club florist had even left a bouquet of flowers on the table for her. She wasn’t that fussed. I then took her in the away end at another game; she seemed to enjoy the rowdy behavior much more even joining in with some emu “giving it all that” hand gestures. She will be at the Liverpool game; her third Albion game.

As an aside, after the Pompey game she suggested we buy more players like Vicente. A female friend who went to her first game shortly after asked “why does that blond bloke (CMS) keep falling over and complaining, why doesn’t he shot at the goal? They’re more astute than us, I tell you.

I think you're leaving yourself open to the innuendo police, in this post :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Took her to the 1-1 draw with Millwall a few years ago.......it was the day before our Wedding Anniversary and the Amex was kind of coincidentally 'en route' to where we were going for the weekend. She hasn't been to a game since :D

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Chester away in mid-70s at old Sealand Road ground. We were in the home section and someone called the away fans "bloody cockneys" to which they replied "bloody geordies". She then fainted from the cold, we lost 0-3 and she hasn't been to a game since (except one at Withdean almost by accident)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
As I have said on other threads,

She was puzzled by the collapsed wall where it had been knocked down to use as missiles on the walk to the ground. The constant noise of chanting and police sirens going off.

She was awestruck by the hate in fat 40 year old men screaming obscenities at us accompanied by children spiting at us..

She loved the celebrations and being swept away towards the front of the stand.

Palace away and a victory...

Perfect.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Took her to away games at Shrewsbury, Peterborough and Mansfield......she doesn’t come with me any more....:lolol:

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Only taken her to one game. The awful 1-1 home draw against Ipswich during the promotion season. Next one will be West Ham away, I imagine if that’s dull it will be the last one!

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Took her to Forest away in 16/17 season - so first game of our promotion season...

She's had a season ticket since and has also been to multiple away games with me since, including Huddersfield, Forest, Bristol and a number of others... She's become a proper fan... although sometimes she really doesn't get it when i sit there in a huff after a result...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
As an aside, my father first took me in 1977, my brother a couple of years later. Aside from a couple of seasons when I was 17/18 we have all been going continuously ever since.

My Father took me in the bleak mid-Winter of 1966, never really forgiven him :)

Once I'd got to around 14 (1975) I'd take myself off and join the "seagulls bus" from Horsham, for what was a round robin trip that seemed to take forever!

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I had only been with my new girlfriend (now been together for 14 years and married for 10 years) for a month when we decided to go to Leeds for a weekend away. I thought it would be nice to take her to the away game at Rotherham (this was the last game of the 2004-05 season). We won 1-0 and I think she enjoyed herself.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Mrs DFP’s first game was against Orient in the JP Trophy at Withdean, she also joined me for a 1-0 loss AWAY to Torquay in a pre season friendly, her 1 visit to the Amex was when Watford beat us 3-1.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I think the first game I took the mrs to was the sit in at Wycombe during the battle for Falmer. She doesn't like sport at all so was not entirely impressed at spending an hour after the game had finished staying in the ground.
She also went to the Blackpool game on a lovely sunny day at the Amex when played some amazing football and scored 6. I asked her afterwards if she enjoyed it, to which she just shrugged and said 'meh'.
Strangely enough she's not been since.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
My wife's first y game was a beautiful sunny April afternoon on 2013. Brighton needed 2 more wins to guarantee a playoff place.

Brighton 6 - 1 Blackpool

Opposition manager Paul Ince stated "we couldn't cope with their pace and technique"

Walking away from the ground, the fans were buzzing. Playoff football loomed, the sun was shining and the performance had been brilliant.

I turned to my wife and asked "what did you think?"

"I got a bit bored"

I've not asked her back.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here