Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How did you introduce your "significant other" to The Albion, or haven't you?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
She's never seen us win and Hartlepool was enough to put her off for life. She's never been again since.

The previous Mrs G went to a few games with me but, having watched a truly terrible game at Hartlepool, refused to come to any more. Hartlepool does that to people.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
First game, before we were married was Notts County at Wembley. Second game was Seville friendly at the Amex where we were in the East lower and she spent most of the game passing round the sun block as we baked in the (Seville like) sunshine. She will gladly come to any match she is free and there is a spare ticket. Only tutts a little bit at the amount of Harvey's drunk.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Only introduced 1 GF to the Albion so far. She lived in Luton and was 2007 I think so went to the Albion game there.

Think we lost 4-0 and I remember the "Small town in Baghdad" chant.

Significant others since then have shown no interest in coming to the Albion.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
We were both already supporters before we met. Then worked together, and got together at the play-off final in Cardiff. Can't imagine I would have ever have married someone who wasn't Albion.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Principle significant other was taken to the the Mansfield game on the 7th August 1999, borrowing two season tickets from friends who were away (front row of the north stand). Despite having been a regular since 1976, didn't plan to get a season at Withdean but that first game changed my mind. Opted for high up in the south stand though. She didn't get the bug and the next game was 29th Sept 2003 away at Rushden and Diamonds Had a weekend away with relatives (one of which was STH at Nene Park). Before we left for that trip discovered the wife was pregnant and my daughter duly popped out to cause me to miss the play off final in Cardiff! My daughters first game was Carlisle at home on 10th April 2010. She's now a season ticket holder and in the top tier for away tickets. Wife still not really interested!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
My Mrs hates football. The nearest she has come to a match was a visit to the Amex when it first opened and we visited the club shop. She was really impressed with the ground. To this day she says I should take her to experience the atmosphere but I know, just know she would want to go home after ten minutes, bored out of her head and berating me for getting angry and wound up.
Best left as it is!

D

Deleted member 2719

My Mrs hates football. The nearest she has come to a match was a visit to the Amex when it first opened and we visited the club shop. She was really impressed with the ground. To this day she says I should take her to experience the atmosphere but I know, just know she would want to go home after ten minutes, bored out of her head and berating me for getting angry and wound up.
Best left as it is!

I didn't think I heard, 'death do us part and though must support the Albion' within your vows.

Time to renew those vows mate!

D

Deleted member 2719

My first game with the missus in her stripes was at the Priestfield, so she is hardcore!

Used to do lots of away days before kids and would be prepared to take the whole family but unfortunately, my daughter didn't get her shirt, cos her dad was a lazy **** and missed the deadline by 2 days.

# dadout

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
My wife has no interest in football and as long as she doesn't ever complain about me watching it we will be fine

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mrs G has been to a few Albion games with me - even though she's a Millwall supporter. Can't remember the first one - I think it was at Loftus Road on Boxing Day 2001 - but I do recall her coming down to Brighton on another very wet Boxing Day (no trains of course, so we caught a coach from London). We got absolutely soaked watching us stuff Wycombe 4-0 and got the coach straight back again.

I think that's what confirmed that she was definitely a keeper.

Tall then ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mrs T has been to the odd game with me and is an enthusiast. Unfortunately circumstances (nipper) precludes regular attendance. Four of my previous 'long term partners' have attended games with me. One, the 'Wigan Princess' who some of you met, went to more than 200 games with me, including more than 40 away. She thought we were shit, but did acknowledge Bobby's goal away at Bury with a 'fookin ell!'. I wasn't thanked after we drove up to Sunderland once, on a whim, only to see Bobby sent off during a debacle. A long and contemplative drive back.....:lolol:

I have two season tickets but by and large I prefer to go to games on my own. That way I have more opportunity to brood, or (occasionally) completely lose my shit :goal:

jeremyfisher

Dec 8, 2013
Wembley - 1991 play-off final vs Notts County.

I was living in Exeter and her in Plymouth. I drove to Plymouth to pick her up - then back via Exeter to Wembley, back to Plymouth and then back to Exeter.

Great day out with my wife to be! Terrible result!

Great event.

Bad result.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Can’t remember which year it was, but I took the good lady Doctor her indoors and my three kids to Withdean on Boxing Day. Naturally, it pissed down all the time, and everyone got completely soaked and chilled to the bone. This experience was enough to put off two of the kids for life.

The good lady has subsequently attended 2-3 games a season with me, more often than not away - usually grim oop North games due to ticket availability for non STH, though there has been the odd glamour tie too. She’s coming to the Everton game, and to WHU.

She loved Calde, and has subsequently transferred her allegiance to Bruno. She’s currently pondering her options for next season, on the assumption that Bruno doesn’t get a playing contract. Ryan was an early front runner, but “he’s not really my type - hopefully you’ll sign someone more suitable before next season”

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
My missus was a fan from a kid. Our 2nd date was Bristol City away New Years Day 1980 on the Seagull Special (2-2). We still sit next to each other in WSU, almost 39 years later.

Think she might be a keeper.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here