Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Home and Away by Leon Balogun

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"This might sound funny, but there's still more important things to life than football. Of course, I love football and the position I'm in, and I don't want to hurt anybody by saying it's not important. It is to me, definitely. But I don't define myself through or via football."

Leon's right.

However well rewarded, a football career is comparatively short, so there's got to be something else that you place your value and identity in.

Otherwise, when it's time to hang your boots up, everything will be lost.

Know thyself.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Top bloke. By and large the most impressive thing about our recruitment is the quality of character they seem to bring to the club.
Of course there are going to be one or two exceptions occasionaly but it definitely feels like a players impact on squad dynamics is a high consideration.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Seems a great lad. I wonder if he will keep the shirt after Duffy’s suspension ends.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
His English and vocabulary is better than most British born and raised players!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Great bloke and a wonderful backup to either Duffy or Dunk. Terrific scouting in picking him up on a free.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
What a lovely bloke. But one thing that came across is what was also clear from the Man City series - a lot of the overseas players seem to spend a lot of time on their own and they must feel so bloody lonely. they must have incredible mental strength to cope - if they do.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
This is the second time Players' Voice has put this out, though, isn't it? I remember seeing it in September and thinking that he'd soon learn not to drive around in Brighton unless he enjoys traffic jams. But he spoke after the Palace game and yes, he's highly articulate and his English is very good. Growing up in Berlin will do that, though ...

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
His English and vocabulary is better than most British born and raised players!

Not sure what this has to do with anything lol.

Anyway Leon comes across as a top, top guy. As Albion Dan has said, the quality of person we're bringing in as well as player is just excellent.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not sure what this has to do with anything lol.

Anyway Leon comes across as a top, top guy. As Albion Dan has said, the quality of person we're bringing in as well as player is just excellent.

I'm guessing he's saying it's impressive, which it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here