Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much are you spending on your significant other this Christmas?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We have a reputation to maintain. Do your bit.

"Burnley fans spend the least on their partners at Christmas - around £20 on average, according to a survey.

A poll carried out by footballtips.com suggest Clarets fans are the most frugal when it comes to festive shopping for their other half.

Meanwhile, Brighton fans are the most generous - spending £110 on average."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...s-spend-partners-Christmas-Brighton-most.html

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We have a reputation to maintain. Do your bit.

Burnley fans spend the least on their partners at Christmas - around £20 on average, according to a survey.

A poll carried out by footballtips.com suggest Clarets fans are the most frugal when it comes to festive shopping for their other half.

Meanwhile, Brighton fans are the most generous - spending £110 on average

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...s-spend-partners-Christmas-Brighton-most.html

Quite a bit more than £110 this year. Still, once the divorce is final.............

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
She’s a gem but absolutely ****ing awful at choosing presents so I’ve long since given up putting any thought into hers. Tenner max.

Last edited:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Wow, I'm moving to Burnley...[emoji28]
I will spend about £100-200 this year. Other years a lot more, just down to circumstances. I never know what to buy her but she always does me. If I could, I would buy her the world. 25 years marriage next year, she is worth everything that I have got.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Nothing: we've made an agreement not to buy each other anything this year as money's pretty tight at the moment: we'd rather spend it on the kids.

Interestingly, I found that my mum and dad had a similar arrangement for a few years, when we kids were young.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Quite a lot more than the Daily Fail suggests I might. But then Mrs P is the only person I buy presents for.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I have spent around £250 on the other half this year. For the past few years we've only done kids and families but decided to have a budget of £50 each but I have clearly blown that 5 times over.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Seems only right and proper that you should spend 10-20% more on her/him than you do on yourself following the Albion. Take the cost of your ST, add in travel costs, beer/food, any away tickets (plus travel, beer etc for the away games), add say 15% - to show her/him that they mean more to you than your hobby. Job’s a good ‘un.

Note: I said “you”. Different rules apply to me.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
somewhere between £100 and £150 I suppose, depends what the garage has on offer

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'll think about it, but won't spend anything.

Well, it's the thought that counts.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
£30

Capture.JPG

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Thirty years married so running out of ideas as she has most things she wants. Don’t know at the moment but will be a fair bit over £20!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here