Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much are you spending on your significant other this Christmas?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Lots of "nothings"... money is relatively tight at the moment but would never dream of "nothing" being a viable option.

She is a rock and I owe her so so much. Pretty much whatever I can afford and a chunk of what I can't will go on her. Every chance I get, throughout the year, I make sure she gets "something" to show how I appreciate her being there for me. Simple as breakfast in bed at the weekend to the occasional "saw this and thought of you".

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Unsure to be honest - I usually think on a budget of around £200, but usually smash through it as I get closer to Xmas. it doesn't help going into Regents Street Hamleys on Sunday afternoon with my 10 year old son. He knows the right buttons to push "Mummy would love that for Xmas!" and he's incredibly astute.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Young Pottings are of the opinion that we should give mummy this for Christmas.

https://www.toilettwinning.org/

That is a great idea, and something we have done.

It varies from year to year depending on our finances. Has anyone actually answered a Daily Mail questionnaire, or are they just making it up as they go along again?

I wouldn't tell anyone who enquired, because it is nothing to do with them.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Nothing: we've made an agreement not to buy each other anything this year as money's pretty tight at the moment: we'd rather spend it on the kids.

Interestingly, I found that my mum and dad had a similar arrangement for a few years, when we kids were young.

This :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Nothing: we've made an agreement not to buy each other anything this year as money's pretty tight at the moment: we'd rather spend it on the kids.

Interestingly, I found that my mum and dad had a similar arrangement for a few years, when we kids were young.

Dangerous ground this though. We share Christmas with my sister's family and my parents, and all sat around giving each other presents, even with an 'agreement' not to do presents I can see her pulling a fast one and getting something for me to make me look bad in front of everyone. I can see it now.

We've had a new kitchen anyway, so she bought me an oven and hob, and I bought her a worktop and some units. :thumbsup:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Dangerous ground this though. We share Christmas with my sister's family and my parents, and all sat around giving each other presents, even with an 'agreement' not to do presents I can see her pulling a fast one and getting something for me to make me look bad in front of everyone. I can see it now.

We've had a new kitchen anyway, so she bought me an oven and hob, and I bought her a worktop and some units. :thumbsup:

I have the same arrangement with my sister.
It's a society now, where if you want something so badly, you just go and purchase it instead of waiting for christmas.
We buy for the parents, nephews etc... and then take the gifts down on a trip to Sussex before the hallowed event.
Enjoy unwrapping that surprise kitchen :lolol:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
monty-python-ladies-clapping-o.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here