Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A three division Division?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Premier League seems to have sorted itself out into three broad divisions now.

1-6: The Big 6 (I'm ignoring Manchester United's current distance from the other 5) battling to avoid the Europa League
7-13: Midtable Mediocrity - 7 clubs separated by three points.
14-20: Relegation Threatened.

Remarkably we're not in the third group. Can you see anyone outside of the current bottom seven getting relegated?

Screenshot 2018-12-09 at 18.20.08.png

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The Premier League seems to have sorted itself out into three broad divisions now.

1-6: The Big 6 (I'm ignoring Manchester United's current distance from the other 5) battling to avoid the Europa League

Remarkably we're not in the third group. Can you see anyone outside of the current bottom seven getting relegated?

View attachment 102839

Not really. Seen two or three ‘relegation special’ articles in the press over the last week or so. We weren’t included.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Just seen that Wolves are 250/1 to be relegated. Seems like very good value; Brighton are 20/1.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not really, but look what 3 points yesterday would’ve done for us

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Very generous putting the line below 6th and not above it.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
We got three tough games coming up but could grab 2 or 3 points.
Cardiff have Watford (A) Man U (H) and Palarse (A)
Newcastle have Hudds (A) Fulham (H) and Liverpool (A)
Palarse have Leicester (H) ManC (A) and Cardiff (H)
Burnley have Spurs (A) Arsenal (A) and Everton (H)

I can only see Newcastle possibly picking up more than 3 points so I cannot see any of them catching us until mid-January.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
It is generous putting the line below Man U, especially as Everton will go above them if they win tomorrow.

Tradition does suggest that Man U should be in that group though, but they have looked very ordinary and just like the rest of the middle group, pretty inconsistant, long may it last.

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The pessimist in me says, yes, us. January without Ryan could create a slide in form and a losing momentum (a slide that may already be underway thanks to a December run involving Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and a Bournemouth side who we seem to struggle with of late).

How many teams looked dead and buried last season only to find form and have a bit of resurgence? We're already seeing Cardiff hit a bit of form and move up the table. Southampton have a new manager who could turn their fortunes around with a good run, it won't be long until Palace make their traditional 'sack the guy who saved us last season, and bring in another future ex manager' change to move them up the table. Fulham will turn things around with their new manager. Leaving Burnley, Huddersfield and Newcastle. I think everyone is in agreement Burnley won't go down...

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

View attachment 102839

Anyone from 10th downwards could still get relegated quite easily.

Let's not get complacent please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here