Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] For those ITK

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have been watching The Bill on Drama and do not understand why somebody hasn't brought it back it is good tv but may be because it is expensive to make.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
You don't need to be ITK to know it is because ratings dropped, the writers ran out of ideas and ITV went a different direction.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You don't need to be ITK to know it is because ratings dropped, the writers ran out of ideas and ITV went a different direction.

Can new writers not come up with new stories to bring back the ratings of which I think the drop came about by putting it on too many times a week rather than just once as it originally was.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"Why won't television make a show that only I will watch".

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Have been watching The Bill on Drama and do not understand why somebody hasn't brought it back it is good tv but may be because it is expensive to make.

Was the Bill expensive to make? it was largely studio based so I would be surprised.

On a seperate note, Trudie Goodwin who payed June Ackland for many years, I really liked that woman. :love:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
No it wasnt it was filmed in Morden near Courage brewery and the surrounding area.of South Wimbledon.
They filmed a scene using the outside of my flat and weren't too happy when I ruined it be by opening the door.

Nothing worse that rude up their **** directors. Had the same in my current place when I was asked to keep the noise down in my garden since there were using the other side of my fence as the background.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Can new writers not come up with new stories to bring back the ratings of which I think the drop came about by putting it on too many times a week rather than just once as it originally was.

This is what has happened to EastEnders too, you can only repeat the same old stories so long and the drama just becomes repetitive. Enders, usually has one main character either banged up or on the run, always a couple of people knowing " deadly " secrets, always some small time criminal trying to take over The Vic, the Launderette or Ian Beale's Chippy. Everyone has either been shot, raped, recovered from an almost fatal accident or disease or divorced at some point, a good 30% of the cast have done time and at the last count there have been 6 ex-prostitutes. Anyone who leaves to pursue " other options " or to leave as actors do, normally comes back with a score to settle many years later, oh, and it always snows on Christmas Eve.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
As one of a small group ITK, I heard that Prince Philip ordered them to cease production.

As an aside they also filmed at least one scene in Nipper Alley, Kingston (where Nipper the HMV dog lived) and they also used a rather ugly concrete housing estate in Swiss Cottage for a lot of scenes. The same housing estate was used in the very recent BBC dramatisation of The Little Drummer Girl.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here