Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] For those ITK

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
BG is completely correct about where it was filmed.

The studio buildings are still there in South Wimbledon.

Round the back of Homebase / Screwfix if anyone knows the area.

I used to live down there briefly and you would often see the police cars (with taped over signs) being moved around by the crew.

However I was in Clapham when Cathy Tyson was filming scenes outside my flat.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Was the Bill expensive to make? it was largely studio based so I would be surprised.

On a seperate note, Trudie Goodwin who payed June Ackland for many years, I really liked that woman. :love:

With you on that......at least I was, until PC Honey Harman joined the cast

I loved The Bill......and London’s Burning....filmed around Tower Hamlets wasn’t it ?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
EFD9A8F9-A38A-4485-8A17-FCC669E1B784.jpeg

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Used to watch Z-Cars as a kid and do not understand why somebody hasn't brought it back it is good tv but may be because it is expensive to make.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is what has happened to EastEnders too, you can only repeat the same old stories so long and the drama just becomes repetitive. Enders, usually has one main character either banged up or on the run, always a couple of people knowing " deadly " secrets, always some small time criminal trying to take over The Vic, the Launderette or Ian Beale's Chippy. Everyone has either been shot, raped, recovered from an almost fatal accident or disease or divorced at some point, a good 30% of the cast have done time and at the last count there have been 6 ex-prostitutes. Anyone who leaves to pursue " other options " or to leave as actors do, normally comes back with a score to settle many years later, oh, and it always snows on Christmas Eve.

:lolol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Definetly filmed allpt in st goerges walk croydon
Sorry the main filming locations were as BG said and the studios are still there in Merton.

They of course went to different locations (including Clapham and Croydon) but Merton was it's home.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Used to watch Z-Cars as a kid and do not understand why somebody hasn't brought it back it is good tv but may be because it is expensive to make.

it's cos the music was shit

Ha ha. Ironically, being only a littl'un at the time and still finding my musical feet, I persuaded my parents to buy me the single of the theme tune.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Dixon of Dock Green?

"Evenin' all"

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m ITK - and can confirm a 4th swoop for J-Lloyd Samuel is happening in Jan.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Many of the pub shots can be seen to be a pub In Sth Wimbledon and the industrial estate in Morden was closed quite often for filming.

I have filmed in those studios. The day before they wrapped The Bill forever in fact. The atmosphere in the canteen was funeral like. One of our lot took a dump in one of the fake toilets by mistake too. That went down well. Or rather it didn't go down at all.

The back lot there is used in a lot of things. Gervais's Equality Street video for one. It's an amazing studio. Fake police station, hospital and all sorts. fascinating place.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here