Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The January transfer widow.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Rumors on Twitter that Wolves have agreed an 18m fee with Chelsea for Tammy Abraham, seems like a better option that Solanke if that valuation is correct.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Is it just me or can he not play for wolves due to having already played in the community shield final for Chelsea and then obviously for villa? Thought it was a max of playing for 2 clubs a season. Seen players fal foul of that rule even through playing for the u-23s of a particular team, so can't understand how this one would work

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Rumors on Twitter that Wolves have agreed an 18m fee with Chelsea for Tammy Abraham, seems like a better option that Solanke if that valuation is correct.

It's a lot of money for a player who scores for fun in the Championship but doesn't seem to make the next step up, Pat Bamford would be available for half that.

Might also scupper our attempts to sign Jon Kodija from Villa.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Maybe a stupid question ..... But why do people think we are going to or even want to sign another striker in Jan window ? CH wanted 3 and has 3 with no reason to believe any of them are going anywhere. Solanke has been linked only because we have monitored him , does not mean we will make a move for him or any other striker unless its a great deal for us & timing is right.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Maybe a stupid question ..... But why do people think we are going to or even want to sign another striker in Jan window ? CH wanted 3 and has 3 with no reason to believe any of them are going anywhere. Solanke has been linked only because we have monitored him , does not mean we will make a move for him or any other striker unless its a great deal for us & timing is right.

I'm sort of assuming we have written Locadia off as being a No.9 and is now a winger/No.10, therefore we only have Murray and Andone.

I would hope we are trying to find a long-term replacement for Glenn so looking at younger players who we can develop. Solanke and Abraham would fall into that category.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is it just me or can he not play for wolves due to having already played in the community shield final for Chelsea and then obviously for villa? Thought it was a max of playing for 2 clubs a season. Seen players fal foul of that rule even through playing for the u-23s of a particular team, so can't understand how this one would work
I thought that.

But I'm not 100% sure if the community shield counts in this respect.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
I'm sort of assuming we have written Locadia off as being a No.9 and is now a winger/No.10, therefore we only have Murray and Andone.

I would hope we are trying to find a long-term replacement for Glenn so looking at younger players who we can develop. Solanke and Abraham would fall into that category.

While I understand your arguement of wanting a long term replacement for Murray there is no way Solanke or Abraham would join us to be third or even fourth choice behind Murray , Andone & even Locadia who is currently third choice. I dont agree Locadia is now a winger/No.10 ... he is still seen as a lone striker by CH & himself .. so probably still the 3rd out of 3 CH wants for that role

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Correct, It's highly unlikely anybody will be coming in, Chris Hughton has already said as much.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I thought that.

But I'm not 100% sure if the community shield counts in this respect.

I assume [MENTION=36290]macbeth[/MENTION] is referring to WBA's Andre Wright, who had a proposed loan move to Yeovil in January 2017 fall through after he had already played for Coventry City on loan that season. As he had also played for the WBA U-23s in the Checkatrade Trophy, Yeovil would have been his 3rd team. However, the issue here wasn't that he had played for West Brom's U-23s per se, it was that the Checkatrade Trophy matches are deemed to be first-team games (which they are, of course, for the lower league teams). Wright would have been able to move to Yeovil on loan if he had only played in Premier League 2 matches for the Throstles.

My guess would be that the Community Shield isn't classified as a first-team match (it is, after all, merely a pre-season friendly).

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I assume [MENTION=36290]macbeth[/MENTION] is referring to WBA's Andre Wright, who had a proposed loan move to Yeovil in January 2017 fall through after he had already played for Coventry City on loan that season. As he had also played for the WBA U-23s in the Checkatrade Trophy, Yeovil would have been his 3rd team. However, the issue here wasn't that he had played for West Brom's U-23s per se, it was that the Checkatrade Trophy matches are deemed to be first-team games (which they are, of course, for the lower league teams). Wright would have been able to move to Yeovil on loan if he had only played in Premier League 2 matches for the Throstles.

My guess would be that the Community Shield isn't classified as a first-team match (it is, after all, merely a pre-season friendly).

True though that is, he's also played for chelski's u-23 side according to transfermarkt: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tammy-abraham/leistungsdaten/spieler/331726

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here