Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The January transfer widow.

I can never understand why people have to capitalise on an obvious typing error as in the title and detract from the essence of the post. Arre they trying to prove how clever they are?

I think that we will try to out either by loan or sale Schellotto and Sutner and possibly loan out White and replace him in the 25 with Dan Burn as 4th choice CB. Also possibly loan out either Gyokeres or Connolly as other than the 1 cup game against Bournemouth they will not figure for us.

Why are you trying to "out" Schelletto and Suttner ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
6 fullbacks in the 25 is a bit over the top, so if we move on Schelotto and/or Suttner it means Normann or Ahannach ( if fit ) can join the 25.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
January is for teams like Southampton and Fulham to spunk a load of money on unproven players in the hope of trying to keep themselves up.

I'd be more than happy for us to have a quiet window.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Apart from a couple out already speculated I'd expect us to be monitoring a few players in European leagues, not actively putting bids in but looking to SWOOP if someone on the list is being shown the door. Gives them a half season training and ready for next.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Unless Locardia leaves and we bring in a replacement I can't see much happening?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Hmmm yes, for some reason I can hardly see him setting the world alight though. Would be very surprised to see him starting more than the odd game at best.

I see what you did there :lol:

Has someone got a breakdown of previous January activity? I seem to remember it being a case of 'we won't be doing a lot' chat before the window opens, to quite a bit of activity by the time it SLAMS shut...

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'd like to see an option in the no.10 role. Solly has shown both that he has the ability to play at this level and for me that he isn't a no.10. if Gross was to receive another injury we would be light in that area. I would like to see another option there and Bradley Dack would be an interesting choice for that role.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I can never understand why people have to capitalise on an obvious typing error as in the title and detract from the essence of the post. Arre they trying to prove how clever they are?

I think that we will try to out either by loan or sale Schellotto and Sutner and possibly loan out White and replace him in the 25 with Dan Burn as 4th choice CB. Also possibly loan out either Gyokeres or Connolly as other than the 1 cup game against Bournemouth they will not figure for us.

Yes.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Hmmm yes, for some reason I can hardly see him setting the world alight though. Would be very surprised to see him starting more than the odd game at best.

Very true but he is an option as a 4th CD which I would hope we wouldn’t need.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
As many have said - I expect Suttner and the Greyhound to go on loan (shame for Suttner though, I like him). Locadia perhaps but only if we got a replacement - he'll still be here in Jan.

I'd like to see another option in the #10 role but I honestly doubt we'll secure anything until the summer.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Andone is cover fror Gross
Montoya is cover for Bruno.

Both more than adequate in my opinion..

But, as I said, Bruno cannot go on forever... and Andone is not Gross cover... the former is a striker, the latter an attacking midfielder...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here