Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The January transfer widow.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
We will be looking to loan out or transfer Suttner and the Greyhound . I suspect if we do bring anyone in it may be young English players that Dan Ashworth has dealt with. Although Dan is not with us i am sure he will be passing on his recommendations. We will also be fighting off any bids for Dunk etc. January is a difficult month for bringing in new players as they really need to be up and running straight away and without a pre-season that is difficult.
Any thoughts?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We will be looking to loan out or transfer Suttner and the Greyhound . I suspect if we do bring anyone in it may be young English players that Dan Ashworth has dealt with. Although Dan is not with us i am sure he will be passing on his recommendations. We will also be fighting off any bids for Dunk etc. January is a difficult month for bringing in new players as they really need to be up and running straight away and without a pre-season that is difficult.
Any thoughts?
They really need to be up and running straight away and without a pre-season. That's about it.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Suttner, Greyhoud, possibly Locadia may leave. Personally would be sad for all of them as none had really good runs with the team. Would be interesting who the replacements would be.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Any thoughts?

Young players... well we have Connelly and Gyokeres travelling with the team lately. Maybe one or both will breakthrough into the squad. :) If you don't blood them, then we will never know! Hopefully they will get game time against Bournemouth.

Maybe Locadia will be sent to Holland to regain his confidence? He just needs time. :)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Oumar Niasse isn’t getting much game time at Everton, I wonder if he’ll go out on loan somewhere.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Young players... well we have Connelly and Gyokeres travelling with the team lately. Maybe one or both will breakthrough into the squad. :) If you don't blood them, then we will never know! Hopefully they will get game time against Bournemouth.

Maybe Locadia will be sent to Holland to regain his confidence? He just needs time. :)
The more time in Holland the better?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Can see one or two Being moved on. As for incoming's we don't need anyone enough to pay over the odds. Happy to wait until the summer. We have a good enough squad to see us stay up comfortably. Hoping for a very quiet window if I.. honest. Boring I know.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Simply that, don't be too disappointed if we don't increase our ranks. As you say finding quality new additions to the squad is notoriously difficult, and mega expensive, mid season, and with us likely to retain our Premier League place for next season, the club may well decide to wait until the summer before splashing the cash.

One or two departures maybe, Suttner and Schelotto as you say, but I think, and certainly hope, that our first choice players will stay.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Can see one or two Being moved on. As for incoming's we don't need anyone enough to pay over the odds. Happy to wait until the summer. We have a good enough squad to see us stay up comfortably. Hoping for a very quiet window if I.. honest. Boring I know.

I'm another one who is more thasn happy to wail until the summer, when more quality players are available, and the chances of getting involved in bidding wars decreases.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Wait until the summer, but the early summer so that we have all new additions to the squad in place, so that they with us from pre-season day 1, and to avoid any late transfer deadline day drama

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Simply that, don't be too disappointed if we don't increase our ranks.
Unless we can find that mythical rampaging box-to-box midfielder with goals in him, and who can grab any game by the scruff of its neck and turn it in our favour I don't think we'll need to buy - and if we find that player he will probably cost upwards of £30 or £40M anyway. Will TB stretch that far?

One or two departures maybe, Suttner and Schelotto as you say, but I think, and certainly hope, that our first choice players will stay.
Any whispers of anyone wanting them? That's always a problem with players we'd like to move on. As in, guess a price for Locadia now.......

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
We have Dan Burns coming in, would be very happy with a quiet window with very little activity either way.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Wait until the summer, but the early summer so that we have all new additions to the squad in place, so that they with us from pre-season day 1, and to avoid any late transfer deadline day drama

In an ideal world this. For a multitude of reasons we aren't always able to push deals through early on though.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
The one area that has to be looked at is the no.10 Gross role .... sadly whether due to the injury or just a general lack of form Gross has been well below par this season & we haven't really solved the problem of who is good enough to replace him or is good enough as back up.
Burn is incoming so someone has to make room in the 25 though from the little I have seen him mentioned Burn appears to have been injured more than he has been fit so not totally sure if he wont just go straight out on loan again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here