Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Just bumped into half the squad

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Fab thread. I have a feeling that future threads in the coming days might clear up people's curiosity

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
You are quite clumsy. Aren't you? After you bumped into the first few Albion players didn't the remaining players who were present become suspicious?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm clearly missing something here. It was never promised the players would be at the party - exactly the opposite in fact. The players deserve some down time - especially this time of year - and it's sensible to give them that as far away from an up and coming match as possible. They will also give up part of their Christmas Day for training - hands up anyone on this thread who's working on that day ? Really, some people will moan about anything. Hope the players had a good time.
I’ll be working.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I was up in Manchester as well, and I happened to see a massive argument between Knockaert and Duffy about the money for the Christmas party. You see, Duffy had organised it, and had spent lots of his own time going around all the bars in various towns, before settling on the venue. And as such he didn't contribute toward the party!! Knockaert was furious when he found out that all the others had to pay an additional £3.75 to subsidise Duffy's meal.

I actually think it's a good thing Duffy is out for a couple of games, will give them all time to cool off.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To all those moaning that the players have dared go out for a drink after a game:

**** off you dull *****.

That is all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Long way to go to get 7 pages - only on page three here, and not feeling particularly in need of a grip, thanks.

Page 2, barely warmed up.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
My only gripe would be if they were playing on Monday or Tuesday.. They are not. They are human. They need to relax and enjoy themselves like any other human. They are not on the lash in Brighton, under our noses - they are discretely having a night out 258 miles away where (almost) nobody knows them, nor cares, and the bars and restaurants are rocking (Peter Street is fantastic).

They've given up their Christmas Day and Boxing Day to train and play - and yes they get paid well - but I have no issue in letting it go... Good Luck to them.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Are these the players who have just beaten Crystal Palace with only ten men? Good luck to them, can do what they want for all I care.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The only vaguely relevant thing I can offer involves the aftermath of that Middlesbrough game at the end of 2015/16.

We were motoring along Hurstpierpoint High Street towards the end of that interminable drive, worn out and a little depressed, when someone in the car said: "I have just seen Bong walking along the pavement". This seemed unlikely, but then someone else said: "And there's Dunkie, and Rosenior. And Dale Stephens."

Eventually we saw most of the squad, disappearing into the New Inn.

Nothing unprofessional about it though. To the contrary: the players had decided among themselves to eat together that night, some extra bonding at the start of a challenging week.

Caused a bit of a stir in the Newie though. And the average value of the cars parked in the High Street rose by a few thousand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here