Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] End of the line for Locadia

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
If he wasn’t going in January, he undoubtedly will be now.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So much for us being a stepping stone to get a move to a bigger club...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ahhhhh, it's so comforting to have an NSC scapegoat.

Everything is alright in the world, once again.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why he didn’t jump to get above that ball I’ll never know. Don’t like to pile into a player when others are but I have to admit he was pretty poor in his cameo today and I question his attitude a bit...

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Harsh to say the least , judging a player on so few starting games and several sub ins and then on a missed header when he obviously is low on confidence and has admitted heading is his weak spot.

I am not going to say he is the best thing since sliced bread but people are too quick to jump down a players throat for one bad miss , the bigger picture is he has made some very good promising runs not picked out by the supply chain & made some good decisions. Probably not enough to be a prem sucess but he isnt as bad and most the bed wetters on here are saying he is , get a grip people.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
To be fair, he's never really had a line, because he's not had many games, that said, surely you need to have some natural ability whether you start or not. The miss was very poor and quite basic.

I totally understand why he would want to leave and feel it would be best for everyone if he did.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Terrible miss (in awful conditions), but had some nice touches and was impressed when he created a good chance rather than opting to shoot.

Looked useful today. Jury's still out for me.

And as any footballer will tell you, you have to be there to get the opportunity, and as Muzza was taking the cross, Locadia had moved into the centre forward position intelligently. I bet he'll wish he'd stayed stuck to his left wing spot now.

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
Terrible miss (in awful conditions), but had some nice touches and was impressed when he created a good chance rather than opting to shoot.

Looked useful today. Jury's still out for me.

Same here. Apart from the miss I thought he played well

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Players on rich veins of form can have bad misses. A player that is low on confidence and in and out of the team is even more likely to have them. Sure, it was a golden opportunity, but what concerns me more than his miss is that with 62% possession, it was our only decent opportunity. He missed our best chance, but why didn't any of the other players come close to scoring?

Last edited:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Same here. Apart from the miss I thought he played well

That's the problem for me. Every single time he plays there is always a BUT or an ASIDE FROM and they usually kill a break or kill a (potential) chance... whether it be total miscontrol, heavy touches at key moments, venturing 15 yards offside, falling over the ****ing ball, a gilt edged chance missed or the latest addition of not being able to time a jump or head a football.

He does make some decent runs, and if you apply a filter to the obviously emotive and exaggerated comments on here I don't think anyone is genuinely making a case for him being utterly useless.

Question is, would he iron out those kinks if we gave him a run in the side? Maybe - nobody knows for certain, but do we want/need to take the risk?

Andone on the other hand, runs the length of the pitch and sticks it in the bottom corner within 15 mins of being on. Some players are naturals, Locadia unfortunately is not one of them.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Maybe watching Andone grab his chance will motivate locadia?
If Andone continues as he’s started it’s not the end of the world if locadia is a duffer anyway.
I’d be surprised if he isn’t shipped out on loan in January

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That's the problem for me. Every single time he plays there is always a BUT or an ASIDE FROM and they usually kill a break or kill a (potential) chance... whether it be total miscontrol, heavy touches at key moments, venturing 15 yards offside, falling over the ****ing ball, a gilt edged chance missed or simply not being able to head a football.

He does make some decent runs, and if you apply a filter to the obviously emotive and exaggerated comments on here I don't think anyone is genuinely making a case for him being utterly useless.

Question is, would he iron out those kinks if we gave him a run in the side? Maybe - nobody knows for certain, but do we want/need to take the risk?

Andone on the other hand, runs the length of the pitch and sticks it in the bottom corner within 15 mins of being on. Some players are naturals, Locadia unfortunately is not one of them.

I think that's a generally fair comment. I can see that it isn't currently working out for him with us, but I can't really bring myself to write him off the way it feels so many people are. When we have Andone and Murray able to to score, it feels like it is too much of a risk for a team like us (with a more limited number of games from which we can realistically look to get goals/points) to give him a run of starts with at least 65-70 mins on the pitch to give him a chance to build understandings and partnerships with all the supporting players.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Why do so many people make excuses for this bloke! He is shite and really shown nothing and, yes, he has had is opportunity!!’ Poor poor player!!!

Weird isn’t it. It’s not as if he’s ever shown much love for the club.
But that’s the nsc way . Some get barbecued , some get overprotected

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Players on rich veins of form can have bad misses. A player that is low on confidence and in and out of the team is even more likely to have them. Sure, it was a golden opportunity, but what concerns me more than his miss is that with 62% possession, it was our only decent opportunity. He missed our best chance, but why didn't any of the other players come close to scoring?

There were quite a few close misses in the last 10 minutes. It reminded me of that game a few years ago when Burnley scored from a corner to make it 2-2 after a huge amount of pressure in the closing stages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here