Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] End of the line for Locadia

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Andone on the other hand, runs the length of the pitch and sticks it in the bottom corner within 15 mins of being on. Some players are naturals, Locadia unfortunately is not one of them.

His supply was poor, however he was no better than any other of our strikers today and yet Locadia gets the shit.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It’s hard to see him getting a run of games this season. Maybe it would suit him to get a loan somewhere and come back with hopefully renewed confidence next season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
His supply was poor, however he was no better than any other of our strikers today and yet Locadia gets the shit.

Possibly because he had *THE* chance.

It was a horrible game of football with little of merit on both sides.

He had the best chance of the game where almost any contact on target would have meant the return of a precious point tonight. He missed.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Possibly because he had *THE* chance.

It was a horrible game of football with little of merit on both sides.

He had the best chance of the game where almost any contact on target would have meant the return of a precious point tonight. He missed.

Yeah, lets go back, say... three seasons and find out who else has been witch hunted for missing a vital point or three shall we?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
With Glenn Murray not getting any younger we need that big target man striker who can either score a goal or bring in others, someone who will work hard. It is an important position in the squad and I've seen enough of Locadia to see he is not what we need.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It’s hard to see him getting a run of games this season. Maybe it would suit him to get a loan somewhere and come back with hopefully renewed confidence next season.
If he goes out on loan I don't expect to see him return.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No, "big target man" is not what we should aspire to have. Great in League One, or for Burnley, but in the Premier League you want pace, skill and finess in a striker.

Correct, but you omitted the word “immediately” at the end of your last sentence. !!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
He hasn’t scored in 16 appearances which at first glance is shocking, however how many minutes has he actually played?
Personally until he has a run of three or four games of at least 60 minutes or so you can’t really comment on his worth.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He hasn’t scored in 16 appearances which at first glance is shocking, however how many minutes has he actually played?
Personally until he has a run of three or four games of at least 60 minutes or so you can’t really comment on his worth.

Oh I think the 'sages' of NSC can, just because a scapegoat is needed.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No, "big target man" is not what we should aspire to have. Great in League One, or for Burnley, but in the Premier League you want pace, skill and finess in a striker.

Glenn Murray IS the big target man, his goals kept us up last season and will do so again this season, so while he is here doing his thing we need a player that can sub in for him so we can keep our shape and he can get some rest.

Currently the top Prem striker is a big target man - Harry Kane. They also have a similar style player on their bench in Llorente so that Kane can rest.

We have 4 wingers at this club and full backs that like to get forward, so again it makes sense to have another striker who is an aerial threat.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Sometimes players are the wrong fit and I fear this could be the case. Horrible miss but all strikers miss sitters. It could all change with one goal so let’s hope it happens before Jan. Would love to see him turn it around.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

1. Andone didn't need that sort of run to show his class.
2. We play with a lone striker.
3. That striker has been one of the Prem's top scorers over the last 54 matches.

So the run of which you speak is not going to happen.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Chris Wood, who toiled against us today , has scored once in his last 16 appearances.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
1. Andone didn't need that sort of run to show his class.
2. We play with a lone striker.
3. That striker has been one of the Prem's top scorers over the last 54 matches.

So the run of which you speak is not going to happen.

So he’s been set up to fail .....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here