PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: Turf Moor
Date: Saturday 8th December
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Martin Atkinson
Assistants: Constantine Hatzidakis, Dan Cook
Fourth official: Robert Jones

TEAM NEWS

Burnley manager Sean Dyche made five changes to his team against Liverpool and may opt for a similar side following an encouraging display.

Steven Defour is again a doubt because of discomfort in his knee.

Brighton & Hove Albion will assess the fitness of Glenn Murray and Jose Izquierdo, who are nursing respective shoulder and knee problems.

Shane Duffy starts a three-match suspension but Dale Stephens returns after completing a ban of his own.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Martin Fisher: Burnley's slow start to the season has deteriorated into a major slump. Six losses in an eight-game winless streak has left them stuck in the relegation zone.

While other strugglers have dispensed with their managers recently, don't expect the Turf Moor suits to follow suit. They know the club is in safe hands. In Sean Dyche they trust.

There were clear signs of improvement against Liverpool and they'll need to maintain those levels against a Brighton side looking for their third victory in a row.

With Shane Duffy suspended and Glenn Murray an injury doubt, Burnley might be catching them at the right time.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Burnley manager Sean Dyche: "We have to put in performances like against Liverpool and add in the detail in both boxes to make sure we get results. We know it's another tough game, particularly when we're having a tough time. But we've bounced out of these times before.

"If the crowd continue backing the side like they did the other night, that's another weapon. They were absolutely magnificent and that's going to be important going forward."

Chris Hughton: "I thought they were good against Liverpool and they aren't that much a different side than what they were last season. Some of the elements have perhaps gone against them this term which didn't happen last season.

"They are a strong team, particularly at home, and are very capable of putting a run together."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]The past five league meetings have ended in draws, including two goalless encounters last season.
    [*=left]Brighton are unbeaten in eight league games against Burnley, winning five and drawing three.
    [*=left]Burnley's last win against the Seagulls was 1-0 at home in the Championship in April 2012.
Burnley

• [*=left]Burnley have won two and lost 13 of their past 20 league matches dating back to April.
    [*=left]They have nine points from their opening 15 games - only three of the previous 18 teams to have fared as badly at this stage of a Premier League season have avoided relegation.
    [*=left]Sean Dyche's side have lost their last three fixtures at Turf Moor and conceded nine goals in the process.
    [*=left]The Clarets have allowed opponents a league-high number of shots (316) and shots on target (106).
    [*=left]Burnley have only had 40 goal attempts on target, the fewest in the division. Brighton have the second fewest, with 44.
    [*=left]If selected, Joe Hart will be making his 400th league appearance in English football.
Brighton

• [*=left]Brighton have won two of their past four Premier League away matches, as many as in their previous 23 attempts.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have won six of their opening 15 league matches - it took them 26 games to reach that tally last term.
    [*=left]They have scored in eight successive league fixtures since a 2-0 defeat at Manchester City in September.
    [*=left]There has been a red card in each of Brighton's last four league games: two for Brighton and two for their opponents.
    [*=left]Chris Hughton is unbeaten in all six league encounters as a manager against Burnley, winning two and drawing four.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I said before the Cardiff game I would have been happy with a point but we lost. Again I would take a point today.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Wouldn't be upset with a point either but I reckon we're going to win. Andone to score for the 3rd game in a row.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
A point would be a good point but hopefully we go and try to get all 3 rather than sit back and allow ourselves to be bullied by the brutal heavy tactics that they usually use. They have had a soft centre all season and hopefully the Liverpool game was just a one off back to basics chop the legs off tactics.While the tackles may have been "great" and lawful its just because they were lucky to get the timing right , on another day like today they may not.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
A win here would be massive. Just realised we have 5 out of the ‘big 6’ in our next seven league games. That’s why I would not settle for a draw today

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
A draw is the minimum requirement today to keep a healthy distance between us and them. A win would be superb and round off the footballing week nicely.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

NB Not going

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Anyone know anywhere in Brighton showing game on stream in town today?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
3 points. Nothing else is good enough. Serves them right for qualifying for Europe.
And a red card in the 27th minute, I've got a tip from Asia.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Thrilled to see Lawro predicting 2-0 to Burnley. He has predicted only two victories for Albion all season and would have us in 18th position. He has been more inaccurate about Brighton than any other team, strange way to be with your old team...

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I'm going in Burnley corporate hospitality this afternoon....pie and peas ..and then in with Burnley fans behind the goal. I shall have to be a little quieter than I was on Tuesday night. Think this one is going to be very tough as Burnley are desparate for a win. A draw will be a decent result for us.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Burnley have been awful this season. They have the points and league position based on their performances and results. We should really take advantage of their poor form and go for the win. Our confidence has not been higher this season and I firmly believe we have a much better squad. 2 - 0 to the Albion. :albion2:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Thrilled to see Lawro predicting 2-0 to Burnley. He has predicted only two victories for Albion all season and would have us in 18th position. He has been more inaccurate about Brighton than any other team, strange way to be with your old team...

Was a legend as an Albion player but talks about us like we're something stuck to the bottom of his shoe. What gives?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here