Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Two things to learn from today if we didnt already know it.

1. Duffy will be greatly missed perhaps not too much against Chelsea but more so at Bournemouth.
2. Locadia has the football ability just sadly lacking in confidence. If he can come on and score in one of his brief appearances he will look a different player afterwards.

The thing we have learnt over a season and a half in the PL is that we’re a huge handful at home and Relatively Pony away from the Amex. Please can our management try a different formation and therefore personnel away from home

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You stick to finding the scapegoat. As with Ashley Barnes I have no doubt you'll be happy to see the back of him, you'll move on to someone else.

Barnes scored a load of goals for the Albion, and later still performed well when moved back to midfield by Poyet to accomodate CMS. A very good player.

The empty vessels who consistently slagged him off knew nothing about the Albion or football.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Firstly, Balogun did little wrong, in fact I can't remember him putting a foot wrong.
Secondly, agree. And then wait until these 'fact' people come crawling from under their stones.

Other than the fact that their only goal came from a cross that should have been dealt with by either Ryan, Dunk or Balogun and probably would have been by DUFFY.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
shit conditions ,shit town , shit result ....move on eh ....the boys have enough points on the board to avoid a slagging for this one , just wasn't our day.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Other than the fact that their only goal came from a cross that should have been dealt with by either Ryan, Dunk or Balogun and probably would have been by DUFFY.

Yeah ok, so you can say that with 100% assurance? You have the crystal ball? Did you see how many Burnley crowded our six yard box with? Should Mat Ryan come for it? It begins with a b and ends with ollocks and I think your quoted post has many of those traits.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Ryan came and flapped at it because he wasnt confident that our CBs would deal with it.So the blames rests on all the shoulders of all 3, Ryan, Balogun and Dunk.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
shit conditions ,shit town , shit result ....move on eh ....the boys have enough points on the board to avoid a slagging for this one , just wasn't our day.

Though on the plus side, we’ve improved our goal difference in regard to Man. City.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Locadia is an intelligent footballer - he can pick a pass, creates space and get into good positions. But for whatever reason it is not working out for him here. I reckon a number of us have taken jobs that simply didn't work out - no ones fault, it just didn't work. Best for everyone if Locadia moves on now

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I went for a job as a gynaecologist. It never worked out so back to the construction industry I went. Good point.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think that Ryan came and flapped at it because he wasnt confident that our CBs would deal with it.So the blames rests on all the shoulders of all 3, Ryan, Balogun and Dunk.

He’s learnt from Huddersfield then. At 4ft 6in you cant force your way through 6 players.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We need to replace him in January.

I wonder how many saying that now are those who derisively mocked suggestions a week or two ago that some of us would like to see Connolly on the bench. "You'd rather have a youngster with no PL experience on the bench ahead of a £15M player who's played over a hundred games in the Eridivise (sp)?" Ha ha ha, they chortled.......

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Their goal offside we haven’t had much luck with decisions overall this season regardless of the Palace game

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Firstly, Balogun did little wrong, in fact I can't remember him putting a foot wrong.
Secondly, agree. And then wait until these 'fact' people come crawling from under their stones.

Balogun was okay today, but we really missed Duffy’s presence in both boxes...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I don't think Ryan came out and flapped at it because of Duffys absence - he did exactly the same at Huddersfield and cost us a goal. He doesn't get a lot wrong, but my heart is always in my mouth on those occasions when Ryan launches himself into a melee of players. It rarely ends well.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bad day at the office. Time to move on - us to beat the only team we've never beaten in the league so far, Locadia to the Eredivise (sp?) or Eredivise 2 on loan - or on the cheap - in January. Well, to anyone with some kind of a bid really.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Bad day at the office. Time to move on - us to beat the only team we've never beaten in the league so far, Locadia to the Eredivise (sp?) or Eredivise 2 on loan - or on the cheap - in January. Well, to anyone with some kind of a bid really.

A Championship loan move could be good for him, but I imagine his ego would prevent that from being a possibility.

DavePage

At the beginning of this thread many were happy to take a point, so we dropped a point, whats so drastic about that?
Did you see how many players were in our penalty area or even the keepers area for dead ball kicks?
So if Ryan stayed on his line and the ball was headed past him? He's in a no win situation. literally it would seem.
How many on the three match points poll went for 6 points or more, exactly.
Manchester United are 5 points above us after 16 games, they are 6th, but still we whine on. I think the United fans have more to moan about (wherever they may reside).
So we have 5 of the top 7 in the next 7 league games, I would be very surprised if we get zero points from those 5 games, but thats just my opinion.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
We've won games this season when we weren't the 'best team'. Yesterday we lost when we probably were the better team. It happens and over a season these things tend to even themselves up. For the first 20 minutes or so our passing and general movement was excellent. Bissouma looks like a real find.
Interesting that I went to the Palace and Burnley games with 'neutral' mates and both raved about Dunk saying that he was the best player on the pitch. One who is a Man United fan said that he's a better player than any of their defenders.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here