Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That was a typical Burnley win.

We must have had 5 or 6 freekicks from the same area, obvious tactics from the dalek.

Knockheart was a passenger and in open play March was too. I believe we suffered with Bruno playing and Gross away from home doesn't work

Second half, March, two fizzing shots just past the post, yeah he did nothing except free kicks.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thought Locadia looked useful today, sitter aside.

Some tidy touches - impressed when he opted to pass rather than shoot in those vital final minutes.

Really, really harsh from you lot. Some disgraceful comments about an Albion player who hasn't had too many opportunities for us.

This...slamming him for missing one chance...what about the rest for creating not one other properly decent chance ??

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
So that's strugglers Southampton, Hudds, Cardiff and now Burnley where we''ve gone away and played poorly, late flurries papering over the cracks in 3 of those matches.

Duffy and Izquierdo were missed today.

i really don't think we played that bad ......if you mean it was a TYPICAL performance as in poking it around with no real attacking intent until the last 10 minutes then i would agree but on the whole i didn't think that particular performance was that bad ......Duffy maybe missed, not sure , Izzy would have spent most of the game on his arse.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Second half, March, two fizzing shots just past the post, yeah he did nothing except free kicks.

Should have qualified March 1st half sorry

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So that's strugglers Southampton, Hudds, Cardiff and now Burnley where we''ve gone away and played poorly, late flurries papering over the cracks in 3 of those matches.

Duffy and Izquierdo were missed today.

What do you base the 'played poorly' on? I've seen us beat Wolves at home playing all hands to the pump, today, for an away game, we played ok, and should have got a point if not for a missed sitter.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
But we had a few that were very close. That stat can be misleading sometimes, if we'd had 10 weak shots into Joe Hart's chest we'd have 10 on target but still no closer to scoring a goal.

I get what you mean but the only disappointment for me is that we didn’t make Hart, who is shakey at best, work hard enough for his clean sheet.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Wouldn't matter which platform you viewed or heard it on Locadia is a dog turd and a complete waste of money, fact..:shrug:

Your 'fact' not mine fella, let's get something right, individuals 'facts' are actually opinion.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
This...slamming him for missing one chance...what about the rest for creating not one other properly decent chance ??

Seriously? How much leeway should we give him? I’ve seen nothing to convince me that he can cut it.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Terrible weather conditions contributed to a pretty awful game. One shot on target isn’t really good enough despite some nice build up play. It was one of those where whoever scored first would probably hold on. But we’ve still had a good week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here