Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 'Club membership' to be added to season ticket...

Would you pay £20 to add membership to your Albion season ticket?

• Yes, I would - sign me up!

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • No ****ing chance.

Votes: 270 95.1%

• Total voters

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Email from the club:

We are aware that nearly 30% of season ticket holders are regularly buying additional guest tickets for matches. This is great, but we are also aware that due to the popularity of our home games the availability and choice of these guest tickets is reducing.

As a season ticket holder we would like you to enjoy the same priority booking window as members, which is currently before the season ticket guest ticket sale window, so that you can buy the tickets you want, to the games you want, in the location you want.

Next season we are proposing that we include a club membership with your season ticket. This would be at the heavily reduced price of £20 for adults and £10 for juniors, and would include a welcome pack worth over £35 and £25 respectively.

If you are a season ticket holder paying by Direct Debit, we would automatically add this on for you, allowing you to opt out of this membership option until late April.

If you are a season ticket holder renewing by lump sum, we would offer this as an option to your renewal payment, though again you would be able to opt out.

As well as this, you will receive a whole host of benefits to make sure you're not missing out on the Albion action.

We would like to hear your thoughts on this - please indicate your preference. The link will be live until 5pm on Thursday 13 December.

Thank you for your continued support.

#barberin #barberout #barbershakeitallabout

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
This is actually quite shocking !

I’m a season ticket holder.... why should I pay to be a member as well ?

Also.... should be something you opt IN to if you want it, shouldn’t have to opt out

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I've just answered their survey and said no. I very rarely buy guest tickets and don't want an extra £20 on my season ticket for some tatty welcome pack. I notice it's £20 across the board and no concession for pensioners.

The club can stick it.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
As a season ticket holder we would like you to enjoy the same priority booking window as members, which is currently before the season ticket guest ticket sale window, so that you can buy the tickets you want, to the games you want, in the location you want.

Just give it to us then?

wealdgull

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Dec 7, 2017
I haven't had the email yet but would have to know what's in the pack before deciding if it's worth it or not.

Agree that it should be opt-in rather than opt-out, though.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I said no. I've only wanted tickets twice and had no issues getting them, and if I couldn't it would be the people I am getting them for's problem.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Have read the eMail several times.. Sorry what exactly was the benefit again? Sounds like a piss take, and I'm not one to moan much... Season ticket price should be going down or be frozen at worst.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If the pack you receive is £30 and the membership is £20, why don't the club just give is membership for free with no pack. This has just saved the club £10 per season ticket holder! You are welcome.

It'll be a keyring and a car sticker, or some such tat which costs less than a fiver to produce.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Email from the club.

Next season we are proposing that we include a Scudamore levy with your season ticket. This would be at the heavily reduced price of £20 for adults and £10 for juniors, and would include a welcome pack worth over £35 and £25 respectively.

Thank you for your continued support of Richard Scudamore's retirement fund.

That £250k has to be replaced from somewhere...

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Trying to recoup some of the cash that was squandered on Scudamore’s whip round.Poke it Barber ,stick to swapping games for TV so that fans cannot attend.W⚓

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I suppose the question is, has anyone with a season ticket found it impossible / difficult to get extra tickets when they wanted to? If not then don't pay it.

The "why shouldn't we get it for free?" argument ignores the fact that non season ticket holders have to pay in order to have a chance of getting tickets.

Seems like the usual storm in a teacup to me. BARBER OUT!!!!!!!!!!

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wouldn't want to be a member of a club that has the likes of me as members.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
I've just answered their survey and said no. I very rarely buy guest tickets and don't want an extra £20 on my season ticket for some tatty welcome pack. I notice it's £20 across the board and no concession for pensioners.

The club can stick it.

I’ve just answered the survey and also said no thanks but added some comments about why - but when I clicked send it just directed me straight to the club shop website and gave no confirmation that my response or comments had been sent/received.

Did anybody else have that problem?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This is what you get for having a £xxK a year Marketing Manager.

Suggested he/she gets a 'must try harder' rating

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

The club can stick it.

I agree and have answered likewise.

I do buy guest tickets (I've bought for 3 games this season so far) but I'm not paying £20 for the privilege. It should be automatically opt-out as well in my opinion.

Harvey's will be north of £4.50 a pint next season too, so the club will be making more than enough out of me without this on top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here