Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 'Club membership' to be added to season ticket...

Would you pay £20 to add membership to your Albion season ticket?

• Yes, I would - sign me up!

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • No ****ing chance.

Votes: 270 95.1%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This is flawed in so many ways it’s ridiculous. But the biggest point is surely that it diminishes one of the few benefits a bronze member has at the moment. By bringing in another 20,000 STHs who can buy a ticket at the same time as them it takes away their priority period. Doesn’t seem right.

All of this, and Bronze members will be the supporters the club will be relying upon to fill empty seats if / when we drop back down into the Championship. If that happens, they will have to come and find me at Cambridge Utd as this is where I have decided to start taking my son as the whole Bronze thing suddenly doesn't seem worth it. I realise that this hasn't been implemented yet, but the club's thinking and direction of travel seems pretty clear.

Have been a bronze member for two years and tbh we wont bother again. :rolleyes:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All of this, and Bronze members will be the supporters the club will be relying upon to fill empty seats if / when we drop back down into the Championship. If that happens, they will have to come and find me at Cambridge Utd as this is where I have decided to start taking my son as the whole Bronze thing suddenly doesn't seem worth it. I realise that this hasn't been implemented yet, but the club's thinking and direction of travel seems pretty clear.

Some s/t holder friends use the guest opportunity to bring a Chelsea mate to the Chelsea game, a Newcastle mate to that game, etc. Seems madness that they will get the same priority/opportunity as long term Bronze members, for a small pool of tickets.

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
I will be telling all my Bronze member friends to not bother getting Membership next season as i can get it cheaper and need only one membership as i know some only do evening games some do Saturdays and all support different teams,the club will lose out.Expect a lot more non Brighton fans if everyone does this!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I never have understood why STH's should have the right to get tickets for before the general public anyway, we have the right to our seats not the right to get our friends into games over others. Get right of this and give more people the chance to see games

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I never have understood why STH's should have the right to get tickets for before the general public anyway, we have the right to our seats not the right to get our friends into games over others. Get right of this and give more people the chance to see games

To get tickets for their Arsenal and Chelsea mates. Bizarre.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Haven't seen the mail, but they can piss right off!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Club memo

To: Marketing Dept

1. All future Marketing 'brain storming' sessions are to be cancelled.
2. Under no circumstances should the work experience kid be left in charge of our email account whilst you lot are down the pub on a Friday afternoon Christmas do.
3. FFS

BR

Paul

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I reckon they have some marketing feckwhits working for the club..." we had a fantastic win, the fans are all on a high...how can we piss them Off.....tell you what get them to pay more money for nothing ...."

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Club memo

To: Marketing Dept

1. All future Marketing 'brain storming' sessions are to be cancelled.
2. Under no circumstances should the work experience kid be left in charge of our email account whilst you lot are down the pub on a Friday afternoon Christmas do.
3. FFS

BR

Paul

p.s. Cancel Operation Cash Cow.

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
So is the club telling us it is good to “cough,pass on” tickets to whoever wants them ? which will undue all their good work getting tickets to those who deserve them

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I reckon they have some marketing feckwhits working for the club..." we had a fantastic win, the fans are all on a high...how can we piss them Off.....tell you what get them to pay more money for nothing ...."

Perhaps they deliberately waited for a moment of fans euphoria, to test the water on a long conceived scheme?

D

Deleted member 2719

I've just answered their survey and said no. I very rarely buy guest tickets and don't want an extra £20 on my season ticket for some tatty welcome pack. I notice it's £20 across the board and no concession for pensioners.

The club can stick it.

Double standards then, as I or my daughter never wanted the a tatty junior membership pack hence not signing up and just got caught out by the small print.

Funny how life works isn't it.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
NO
Plus other comments left as well. £730 for a ST plus £200 for coach ticket. Next season they want to increase the two for a combined £70, count me out.
Handily for me, there is a seat next to me always empty as it is a single seat amongst rows of ST holders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here