Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 'Club membership' to be added to season ticket...

Would you pay £20 to add membership to your Albion season ticket?

• Yes, I would - sign me up!

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • No ****ing chance.

Votes: 270 95.1%

• Total voters

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
What annoys me is the fact the club are trying tell season ticket holders that paying more money to become a member is some kind of benefit.

I pay well into 4 figures for season tickets for my son and I yet the club are asking me for even more money. As others have said on here - it’s ridiculous season ticket holders aren’t members anyway but trying to tell us we’re buying some additional privilege is just taking the piss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
We are aware that 75% of season ticket holders are frustrated at queuing for the toilets at half time. Following this feedback we have decided to offer them the once in a lifetime discounted opportunity to beat the queues with a Silver Premier Pee Pass.

For only £5 extra a game, Silver Pee Passers will be able to enter via their own new private entrance on production of a laminated wipe free card styled on the referee's yellow.

Terms and Conditions Apply (*)

(*) For male supporters a Silver Premier Pee Pass does not offer priority access to a urinal inside the toilet area. For those "really needing to go", we recommend an upgrade to a Golden Pee Pass on which we have printed the pin code to open the new locks we have installed on the cubicles.

This actually happens in the States....

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
As a bronze member on the season ticket waiting list I am shocked that current season ticket holders are not considered members!

#out

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I will be telling all my Bronze member friends to not bother getting Membership next season as i can get it cheaper and need only one membership as i know some only do evening games some do Saturdays and all support different teams,the club will lose out.Expect a lot more non Brighton fans if everyone does this!

On the other hand of course, and this isn't my opinion, but evidently the opinion of the club, many of those seats bought by season ticket holders will be occupied by potential 'new' Albion fans, leading long term to even more revenue for the club.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
On the other hand of course, and this isn't my opinion, but evidently the opinion of the club, many of those seats bought by season ticket holders will be occupied by potential 'new' Albion fans, leading long term to even more revenue for the club.

The guest tickets I've bought previously were for Albion fans that can't justify the cost of Bronze membership as they only go to a couple of games a year. Not everyone has the time or money to regularly go to matches so I'm happy to help them out by buying them a guest ticket when they can go. It's not all big 6 tourists using the guest tickets!

That said I still think Bronze members should get offered the chance to buy them before STH can buy for guests. Never had an issue getting tickets for guests.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I pay £30 for Bronze membership just so I can buy tickets for my annual trip to the Amex.
I usually but two so I can take my eldest granddaughter.
This year I could only buy one!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The guest tickets I've bought previously were for Albion fans that can't justify the cost of Bronze membership as they only go to a couple of games a year. Not everyone has the time or money to regularly go to matches so I'm happy to help them out by buying them a guest ticket when they can go. It's not all big 6 tourists using the guest tickets!

That said I still think Bronze members should get offered the chance to buy them before STH can buy for guests. Never had an issue getting tickets for guests.

I take your point about big 6 tourists! In my case when I have bought the odd ticket for other people, they have been friends who aren't followers of any specific club, or simply want to savour the experience of being at the Amex and watching Premier League football.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
This.

It would be appalling should mates of s/t holders jump to the front, to have the same chance of a ticket as long standing Bronze members.

Ticket release date would be a mad scramble on the internet, with those lucky enough to have sustained access to the internet and time in that moment, the winners.

The board have completely disregarded bronze members with this suggested stunt.

This

Even if membership was offered at no charge I think it would be wrong.

Charging non-STHs £22 to enable them to buy tickets for themselves on a named basis before non-members can’t be justified if at the same time you are going to offer better terms, (buy tickets for an unnamed guest), at a reduced charge.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have declined the offer.

I am concerned that this has been suggested on the back of the coach subsidy removal.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This

Even if membership was offered at no charge I think it would be wrong.

Charging non-STHs £22 to enable them to buy tickets for themselves on a named basis before non-members can’t be justified if at the same time you are going to offer better terms, (buy tickets for an unnamed guest), at a reduced charge.

Agreed.

I would accept a simple increase in the cost (though I’d obviously grumble about it) with no change to the current priority system. There’s no need to change anything in a system that works fine and nobody has really suggested needs amending.

If it was down to me, I’d still get rid of Bronze membership entirely and just use the points system already in place for non season ticket holders. It’s disgraceful that loyal supporters have to pay in order to use their loyalty points. I can’t think of any other loyalty system I use that does this as overtly.

Suspect you’re right. Despite this being used by by companies it’s sharp business practice, taking money of those who are less vigilant or time poor. Barber seeking to fleece the fans

And it will the older less digitally savvy fans who get taken advantage of. The ethics of the club are poor but this is what happens when you have no strong fans’ organisations to represent us

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And it will the older less digitally savvy fans who get taken advantage of. The ethics of the club are poor but this is what happens when you have no strong fans’ organisations to represent us

Blimey who let Attila/Harty in.

We don't need fan representation at the club, we are lucky enough to have one at the top.

We're all entitled to drop a clanger, this issue appears to be a pretty big clanger, it'll be interesting to see what it does with the 'feedback'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here