Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 'Club membership' to be added to season ticket...

Would you pay £20 to add membership to your Albion season ticket?

• Yes, I would - sign me up!

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • No ****ing chance.

Votes: 270 95.1%

• Total voters

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Or reclaim our £250,000 from Central Premier League Pot (destined for Scudamore pockets) and give us membership for a Tenner. Club needs to return to the abacus.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Or reclaim our £250,000 from Central Premier League Pot (destined for Scudamore pockets) and give us membership for a Tenner. Club needs to return to the abacus.

I always thought it was much nicer in the championship.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well worth signing my son’s ST up to it, my daughter is a member only and the welcome pack is pretty good for the kids. It’s a yes in that regard from me. :thumbsup:

What's in it? I'm still a no but it would be interesting to know what was in the kids' pack as my son seems to have pretty much every bit of Albion related tat going already. Lunchbox, squad photos, training-top-style tshirt, pen, gloves, key ring. And this is our Christmas tree right now:

tree.JPG

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Dear 1901 member.
We notice from our records that you have not experienced the delights of one of our pre match meals. Our dining areas are full most games and are concerned you may be missing out because many places are taken by guests..We are therefore going to offer you a pre match dinner for 2 games at the reduced price of 60 pounds each. We are sure you will want to take up this offer so will be adding 10 pounds to your monthly direct debit..
PS Please note Tea/Coffee not included

LOL! [emoji23][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I’ve just answered the survey and also said no thanks but added some comments about why - but when I clicked send it just directed me straight to the club shop website and gave no confirmation that my response or comments had been sent/received.

Did anybody else have that problem?

Don't know if it's a problem, but it's what happened with me, too.

So presumably this £20 is in addition to any price increase on season tickets? Or this instead of a price increase?

I thought maybe it would be instead if it was popular, but if this thread is anything to go by it won't be well received, so we'll have a regular price increase without any benefits.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It's a no from me.
I've never bought a guest ticket, most of my friends support Albion and have season tickets.
The other friends I have shouldn't be let anywhere near a football stadium :smile:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
25,000 x £20, less 1/6 VAT = £417,000 extra annual income by stealth, in the guise of giving the s/t’s who are bothered an earlier chance to get additional tickets.

Our PL accounts might well show £140m of annual income, but no opportunity is lost in squeezing the pips out.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I thought maybe it would be instead if it was popular, but if this thread is anything to go by it won't be well received, so we'll have a regular price increase without any benefits.

Let's be clear, the two things should be separate. The idea that STHs are NOT a member is ridiculous. Putting more money in than other supporters (apart from Tony :lol: ) and turning up regularly to support and yet not a member of the club you're helping to fund? Odd.

However, take this gimmick out and we can discuss increases to season tickets across the board in a sensible manner. Would I pay a bit more if I knew it would go towards better players? Yes - "a bit" I would. And, with the demand for STs currently outstripping supply there's a perfectly decent economical argument that it could go up too. But it needs to be transparent. This isn't.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hang on. I'm a Bronze member currently paying £22 a year for my Bronze membership so I can get priority for tickets for the few games I can make. Now the club is selling exactly the same membership for two pounds LESS to season ticket holders for their guests, adding a huge new pool of people into the mix for tickets in the meantime.

Are the club taking the ACTUAL PISS?

I sincerely hope you lot do reject this offer.

:goal:

Making it so much harder for Bronze members to get tickets and a mass internet stampede on release day. Many bronze members are loyal fans who might be on the waiting list, or can’t make many games, or can’t afford s/t’s so pick n choose a few games a season.

This seems a blunt instrument to match the priorities of the mates of s/t holders, with those of long term bronze members.

Last edited:

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Hang on. I'm a Bronze member currently paying £22 a year for my Bronze membership so I can get priority for tickets for the few games I can make. Now the club is selling exactly the same membership for two pounds LESS to season ticket holders for their guests, adding a huge new pool of people into the mix for tickets in the meantime.

Are the club taking the ACTUAL PISS?

I sincerely hope you lot do reject this offer.
I will reject it. Guests need to come lower down the priority order than fee-paying members.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
:goal:

Making it so much harder for Bronze members to get tickets and a mass internet stampede on release day. Many bronze members are loyal fans who might be on the waiting list, or can’t make many games, or can’t afford s/t’s so pick n choose a few games a season.

This seems a blunt instrument to match the priorities of the mates s/t holders, with those of long term bronze members.

All of this, and Bronze members will be the supporters the club will be relying upon to fill empty seats if / when we drop back down into the Championship. If that happens, they will have to come and find me at Cambridge Utd as this is where I have decided to start taking my son as the whole Bronze thing suddenly doesn't seem worth it. I realise that this hasn't been implemented yet, but the club's thinking and direction of travel seems pretty clear.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Haven’t read the whole thread but I love this club and I’m well chuffed at where we are this season so yes, I’m happy to bung them another £20 a year for the membership pack jamboree and more importantly because they need the money and I want the good times to continue.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Don't worry, KG - next season the club will offer you (and me) the opportunity to gain priority again for the wholly reasonable price of £60. :thumbsup:

So next season you'll be needing the new Silver membership that get tickets before bronze members and season ticket holders. Only £50.

I reckon your email will read something like this:

We are aware that nearly 3% of season ticket holders have opted to also buy club membership with their 2019/20 season tickets. This is great, but we are also aware that due to the popularity of our home games the availability and choice of these guest tickets is reducing.

As a Bronze member we would like you to enjoy an enhanced priority booking window, which will be before the new season ticket+memership guest ticket sale window, so that you can buy the tickets you want, to the games you want, in the location you want.

Next season we are proposing that we introduce a Silver club membership. This would be at the attractive price of £50 for adults and £25 for juniors, and would include a welcome pack worth over £35 and £25 respectively.

If you are a Bronze member paying by annual Direct Debit, we will automatically upgrade you to Silver membership for you, allowing you to opt out of this membership option until late April.

If you are a Bronze member renewing by manual payment, we would offer this as an option to your renewal payment, though again you would be able to opt out.

As well as this, you will receive a whole host of benefits to make sure you're not missing out on the Albion action.

We would like to hear your thoughts on this - please indicate your preference. The link will be live until 5pm on Friday 14 December.

Thank you for your continued support.

I'm very concerned that three of you have posted essentially the same thing - presumably in jest but it is ringing very true.

To be honest I wonder what the value is in Bronze membership anyway - I missed the window for the Arsenal game, there were still tickets down in SE and SW when I eventually looked but decided to wait for the ticket exchange and got two perfect seats in the front row of W1G - and had choices all over the ground.

I will keep paying for my Bronze membership as it makes me feel connected to the club and I want to be a member - its my little gesture of solidarity. But if they pull any of these kind of shenanigans I'll cancel it and it probably won't make any difference for ticket availability.

With this STH offer they would be both undercutting and devaluing our bronze membership, is this really what they want to do?

Brandyaitch

Nov 29, 2018
First Barber withdraws £2 per match travel subsidy from Seagull Travel coach travel costing and extra £38 per year now he wants to screw me for another £20.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Stealth increase hoping people won't realise they have to opt out. leaves a bad taste in the mouth along with the loss of seagulls travel discount

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here