Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 'Club membership' to be added to season ticket...

Would you pay £20 to add membership to your Albion season ticket?

• Yes, I would - sign me up!

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • No ****ing chance.

Votes: 270 95.1%

• Total voters

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
Hang on. I'm a Bronze member currently paying £22 a year for my Bronze membership so I can get priority for tickets for the few games I can make. Now the club is selling exactly the same membership for two pounds LESS to season ticket holders for their guests, adding a huge new pool of people into the mix for tickets in the meantime.

Are the club taking the ACTUAL PISS?

I sincerely hope you lot do reject this offer.

My thought exactly. Just the fact that this is being suggested is another piece of my enthusiasm for "premier league football" being eroded.
And why suggest it now amidst all the euphoria surrounding the club following Tuesday night??

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Seagull Travel subsidy removed, which will now cost £50 more a season (yet subsidy for other modes of transport still in place?), and now this. MERRY CHRISTMAS loyal supporters!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Seagull Travel subsidy removed, which will now cost £50 more a season (yet subsidy for other modes of transport still in place?), and now this. MERRY CHRISTMAS loyal supporters!
You can opt out of this.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Given the near unanimous opinion of their customers, the club will surely have to do a u-turn.

They’re single handedly pissing off season ticket holders AND members in one swoop. Impressive!!

Could be worse... they could be giving your ST to some spotty little s**t with a drum.
Struggling to think of many other worse ideas the club might come up with though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm another STH who naively assumed that my multiple hundreds of £s a year to the club meant I automatically was already a member. Don't buy tickets for mates that often as most are able to sort themselves tickets so not that fussed about this option anyway.

This has backfired spectacularly.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm another STH who naively assumed that my multiple hundreds of £s a year to the club meant I automatically was already a member. Don't buy tickets for mates that often as most are able to sort themselves tickets so not that fussed about this option anyway.

This has backfired spectacularly.

Not sure it's 'backfired' - they haven't actually implemented it yet. If they genuinely wanted feedback before doing it, and are prepared to listen to that feedback and bin the daft idea, then all's well. At least they've asked for views before putting it in place.

I've bought 'ST Guest' tickets for pals now and again but I'm not going to pay an additional membership free to be able to do so as it's a once or twice a season thing for me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not sure it's 'backfired' - they haven't actually implemented it yet. If they genuinely wanted feedback before doing it, and are prepared to listen to that feedback and bin the daft idea, then all's well. At least they've asked for views before putting it in place.

I've bought 'ST Guest' tickets for pals now and again but I'm not going to pay an additional membership free to be able to do so as it's a once or twice a season thing for me.

For me it's already accidentally backfired for them because it's meant that I've just learnt I'm not a member, and backfired in that the reaction has been 94.76% (according to the poll) negative so far.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I found that odd as well......always imagined being an STH meant being a member. Not sure what benefits members get that STHs don't though.......

My Dad is one and for him I think it was purely about being on the ST waiting list - he let his go about 5 years ago and regretted it ever since.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Not sure what benefits members get that STHs don't though.......

Members get to buy tickets for matches before STHs can buy guest tickets. That is pretty much the only difference and they are proposing to take that away so the Bronze members then have an additional 22,000 people able to buy match tickets at the same time as them.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Tks - so basically a gift pack, and a voucher

Members get to buy tickets for matches before STHs can buy guest tickets. That is pretty much the only difference and they are proposing to take that away so the Bronze members then have an additional 22,000 people able to buy match tickets at the same time as them.

I know, but members can only get one for themselves....FWIW I don't think it's fair to allow STHs to buy guest tickets before members. Hopefully the feedback will kill this idea.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
It's a NO from from me. I was miffed about the Seagulls Travel thing, this hasn't helped me feel any better about the club's current marketing strategy. As many have already said, the most cynical part is the 'opt out' thing as this is always designed this way round to try and get extra money from people who simply forget to opt out. Poor form.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
It's a NO from from me. I was miffed about the Seagulls Travel thing, this hasn't helped me feel any better about the club's current marketing strategy. As many have already said, the most cynical part is the 'opt out' thing as this is always designed this way round to try and get extra money from people who simply forget to opt out. Poor form.

Totally agree. We’re becoming far too Premier League for my liking. Which is fine as long as we stay up. But these types of things isolate the people that are most likely to stay with the club if we do go down ie those of us that have always gone regularly. Many more of these mishaps and we’re a relegation away from becoming Reading with a half empty stadium.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013

This. I'm not understanding why Seagulls Travel customers should lose their subsidy when other modes of transport don't appear to - unless I missed it. In the grand scheme, it's less than pennies to the club, yet is leaving a sour taste amongst many of their supporters. Now they have pee'd off Bronze members by making life more difficult for them to get tickets (should it go ahead). A couple of own goals by the club, although the latter may well be cleared off the line...

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Whoever thought up this latest scheme must have taken his/her business diploma in Nigeria , do these people think football supporters are completely devoid of intelligence, ludicrous and somewhat distasteful suggestion by the club .

Yes,yes they do.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here