Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 'Club membership' to be added to season ticket...

Would you pay £20 to add membership to your Albion season ticket?

• Yes, I would - sign me up!

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • No ****ing chance.

Votes: 270 95.1%

• Total voters

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
We are aware that 75% of season ticket holders are frustrated at queuing for the toilets at half time. Following this feedback we have decided to offer them the once in a lifetime discounted opportunity to beat the queues with a Silver Premier Pee Pass.

For only £5 extra a game, Silver Pee Passers will be able to enter via their own new private entrance on production of a laminated wipe free card styled on the referee's yellow.

Terms and Conditions Apply (*)

(*) For male supporters a Silver Premier Pee Pass does not offer priority access to a urinal inside the toilet area. For those "really needing to go", we recommend an upgrade to a Golden Pee Pass on which we have printed the pin code to open the new locks we have installed on the cubicles.

Last edited:

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I’ve just replied with a no, have you ever heard of an own goal?
Will I get a reply?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Club memo

To: Marketing Dept

1. All future Marketing 'brain storming' sessions are to be cancelled.
2. Under no circumstances should the work experience kid be left in charge of our email account whilst you lot are down the pub on a Friday afternoon Christmas do.
3. FFS

BR

Paul

Genuine LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm just waiting from the email via El Presidente stating that other Premier League clubs do the same.

#remembertogether

D

Deleted member 2719

Come on guys this pack is worth £35, effectively you will have gained £15, this is a no-brainer.

Barber is making Albion fans wealthier each and every year.

Just thought, with the club losing out on this one perhaps he is giving back to the fans his new pay increase to balance the books.

#barberin

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm just waiting from the email via El Presidente stating that other Premier League clubs do the same.

#remembertogether

Communique from the Albion’s social media director:

On the eve of the Burnley match, the Albion’s grateful board have taken El Pres out to The French Restaurant, Manchester.

He will however be able to respond to unfair criticism of the club’s hierarchy tomorrow.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Swings and roundabouts for me. I used to regularly buy 2 guest tickets but those fans are now members instead. If this went through, I suppose they’d just give me the membership money - and go back to getting guest tickets again. Plus there might be more of a chance to sit with them sometimes from a decent selection of seats.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If the pack you receive is £30 and the membership is £20, why don't the club just give is membership for free with no pack. This has just saved the club £10 per season ticket holder! You are welcome.

Yes indeed, You get the membership free and you can pay 20 notes for the pack.

As a season ticket holder we would like you to enjoy the same priority booking window as members,

Jobs a good un, thank you for your unwavering support

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
Expect to the Club to put £20 on top of "what we expect" as a season ticket to be anyway, whatever the outcome of their survey. They have most probably put it in their spreadsheet for earnings next year. So basically we are better off saying "yes" and getting the tat anyway. But I have said no in the Club's official questionnaire anyway.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Swings and roundabouts for me. I used to regularly buy 2 guest tickets but those fans are now members instead. If this went through, I suppose they’d just give me the membership money - and go back to getting guest tickets again. Plus there might be more of a chance to sit with them sometimes from a decent selection of seats.

As a season ticket holder I wasn't really aware of the other "memberships" that gave you priority. Now I am, I'd be very pissed off if I had one.

Quite possibly those with membership aren't really utilising it and/or statistically season ticket holders are more likely to do it.

So they have decided to make more money out of season ticket holder by extending the priority to them at a cost ?

If so it's classic budget airline tactics. Bit like offering priority boarding which is the oddest thing ever since the plane leaves at the same time :)

If you want an extra £20 quid off me JUST PUT THE SEASON TICKET UP £20 and don't make it more difficult for those you can't afford one.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Much like the way ST price increases were marketed last year, very disappointing from a club that promotes the #together!!!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
They can't really justify putting prices up all the time we are in the premier league. Most of the income comes from tv and the tickets are now small fry. If anything they should be going down: less games and less of a budget impact.

Hence the reason they look for other ways of increasing the price to the loyal fan by trying to make it look like something else.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
They can't really justify putting prices up all the time we are in the premier league. Most of the income comes from tv and the tickets are now small fry. If anything they should be going down: less games and less of a budget impact.

They can basically do what they like to be honest in terms of prices. What's happening here is football clubs "catching up" with the RyanAir type nonsense that we all dismissed years ago and now fly EasyJet who realised it was short term gain at the expense of their image.

I'm obviously quite simple. That's the price pay it or leave it.

1) I don't want the extra insurance on a toaster from Argos.
2) I don't want a loyalty card from Boots (if you want me to do market research for you, pay me independently and don't make me spend money to do it)
3) I don't want a £10 voucher if I spend £100 online before Christmas.
4) I don't want to pay an extra £20 on top my season ticket ticket to alleviate the "fear" that if I don't, I won't be able to get tickets for my mates. I've never had trouble.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Double standards then, as I or my daughter never wanted the a tatty junior membership pack hence not signing up and just got caught out by the small print.

Funny how life works isn't it.

Twisted logic. This is being forced on me to spend £20 on something I would not use.
Junior Seagulls costs nothing and you missed out by your own negligence. My grandchildren didn't.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here