Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Aaron Connolly - nominated for Premier League 2 Player of the Month AGAIN

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Aaron Connolly has been nominated for the Premier League 2 Player of the Month for November, one of 6 players nominated.

He was nominated in September, but didn't win it.

He was nominated in August, along with Viktor Gyokeres, but didn't win it.

He was nominated in April, but didn't win it.

So, it's his 3rd nomination in 4 months, and his 4th nomination this calendar year.

He was also nominated for the FAI U-17 International Player of the Year in March - but didn't win it.

This particular Irishman isn't very lucky, is he?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Maybe, although Gyokeres seems to be ahead of him in Hughton's thinking.

I think Gyokeres got in due to his versatility as replacement for Lacadia as wide or central attacker, didn’t he? Although he might get a look in as well if Izzy and Jahanbasch aren’t fit.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I think Gyokeres got in due to his versatility as replacement for Lacadia as wide or central attacker, didn’t he? Although he might get a look in as well if Izzy and Jahanbasch aren’t fit.

Gyokeres was on the bench (and came on and scored) in Nice in the first-team pre-season friendly - Connolly was in the U-23s at Fulham the following day.
Gyokeres was involved in other first-team friendlies that Connolly wasn't.
Gyokeres started against Southampton in the Carabao Cup - Connolly was on the bench.
Gyokeres was on the bench at Cardiff - Connolly travelled but wasn't in the 18.

All of this leads me to conclude that Gyokeres is ahead of Connolly in Hughton's thinking.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here