Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glenn's Long Run Back To the Fans.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Who else was there, the arse end of the promotion season 2016/2017, 1-0 down to Birmingham City at St. Andrews. Time was fast running out, suddenly Knocky grabs us a goal to haul us level, then deep into injury time the ball comes in from Solly March, Glenn gets his head to it, and produces the winner.

Cue pandemonium in the away end, Glenn, not exactly known for his burst of speed decides to head full pelt to the opposite end of the pitch towards us travelling fans gesturing to his team mates to join him. What an absolutely iconic moment, fans and players celebrating as one.

I think that was the moment that I rerally thought promotion was going to happen. I know there are plenty of video clips on youtube etc. of the highlights, but is there anything anywhere that actually captures that run the length of the pitch, and the celebrations that followed?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Was that when one of our players stayed in the opposition half so they couldn't take a quick kick off, can't remember who but bloody quick thinking!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Yes, I ended up a few rows further forward than where I was initially stood. Great scenes.

This game was also the birth of the “We’re on our way” chant which began on the concourse before the game.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Who else was there, the arse end of the promotion season 2016/2017, 1-0 down to Birmingham City at St. Andrews. Time was fast running out, suddenly Knocky grabs us a goal to haul us level, then deep into injury time the ball comes in from Solly March, Glenn gets his head to it, and produces the winner.

Cue pandemonium in the away end, Glenn, not exactly known for his burst of speed decides to head full pelt to the opposite end of the pitch towards us travelling fans gesturing to his team mates to join him. What an absolutely iconic moment, fans and players celebrating as one.

I think that was the moment that I really thought promotion was going to happen. I know there are plenty of video clips on youtube etc. of the highlights, but is there anything anywhere that actually captures that run the length of the pitch, and the celebrations that followed?

Same here.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
I was there - I actually happen to have Stockdale's (WHO? :lolol:) gloves from the game...

It was also a game where Sky were offering fans a chance to travel up on their luxury coach, with Sky Sports and video games on (a reused team coach I believe) - and on the journey up, be accompanied by Liam Rosenior and the Social team for the Albion... which I was also lucky enough to be on.

I agree - that was the game when i knew we'd go up, and also realised just how much of a lovely fella Liam is, time of day for anyone!

el punal

Was that when one of our players stayed in the opposition half so they couldn't take a quick kick off, can't remember who but bloody quick thinking!

Also Bruno at Fulham when Dunky headed the winning goal in front of the massed ranks of the Albion faithful. Cue scenes of complete bat-shittedness. :albion2:

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
QPR .... "It was absolute bedlam behind that goal"

Brovion

Jul 6, 2003
Also Bruno at Fulham when Dunky headed the winning goal in front of the massed ranks of the Albion faithful. Cue scenes of complete bat-shittedness. :albion2:

There's an absolutely brilliant video of that somewhere taken from the Fulham end. (And I do remember seeing the the Murray run on TV).

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I remember it was one of the few games we have on BeIn sports over here and I went bananas when that went in. Like many others, that goal and that win was definitely when I started to actually believe it was going to happen.

el punal

There's an absolutely brilliant video of that somewhere taken from the Fulham end. (And I do remember seeing the the Murray run on TV).

You’re dead right! It’s on YouTube under the title Groundhopping (just google Fulham v Brighton Jan 2017 and it’ll come up). Absolutely memorable scenes - proud to be an Albion fan. :albion2:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think it was on Sky Sports Mix and I was getting ready to get out, watching the final stages of the game. Absolute scenes in the front room with one of the Bobkin Jnrs :albion2:

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I was fairly near the front so had a grandstand view of Glenn's run. I can spot myself on the highlights.

Same for me and my son ( who was the mascot that day and got Knocky’s shirt). Memorable match and it was that game where I felt, for the first time, that we were definitely going up. Not sure I’ve seen Glen run that fast before!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here