Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glenn's Long Run Back To the Fans.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Also Bruno at Fulham when Dunky headed the winning goal in front of the massed ranks of the Albion faithful. Cue scenes of complete bat-shittedness. :albion2:

I was at the other end with the home fans that day. It was very awkward stifling my titters.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Who else was there, the arse end of the promotion season 2016/2017, 1-0 down to Birmingham City at St. Andrews. Time was fast running out, suddenly Knocky grabs us a goal to haul us level, then deep into injury time the ball comes in from Solly March, Glenn gets his head to it, and produces the winner.

Arse end of the season??? It was the 22nd game the week before Christmas!

Although it was one of the games that upped my confidence a notch that it was our year:

Norwich home 5-0
Birmingham away 2-1
Fulham away 2-1
Wednesday home 2-1
Blackburn home 1-0
After beating QPR 2-1 I was certain.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Solly changed the game that day. He terrorised Grounds when he came on. That last minute winner is exactly why we go to football.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Same here.

Yep, was there, everyone went batshit! We were awful except for last 10mins. And agree, was the game I thought 'bloody hell, I think we're going up and the wait since '83 is finally...OVER!' Great chat with some West Broms too, proper fans who really wanted us to get promoted.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Same for me and my son ( who was the mascot that day and got Knocky’s shirt). Memorable match and it was that game where I felt, for the first time, that we were definitely going up. Not sure I’ve seen Glen run that fast before!

It was the big grin on his face that I remember.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Was that when one of our players stayed in the opposition half so they couldn't take a quick kick off, can't remember who but bloody quick thinking!

I remember something similar happening around that time in a premier league match, where a referee encouraged the player to loiter. Dermot Gallagher was on SSN raving about how brilliant it was of the ref to think so quickly.

Except...

For every kick-off:

all players, except the player taking the kick-off, must be in their own half of the field of play
the opponents of the team taking the kick-off must be at least 9.15 m (10 yds) from the ball until it is in play
the ball must be stationary on the centre mark
the referee gives a signal
the ball is in play when it is kicked and clearly moves
 a goal may be scored directly against the opponents from the kick-off; if the ball directly enters the kicker’s goal, a corner kick is awarded to the opponents

The referee has to signal for a kick off to be taken. If he didn't want the team kicking off while the players were celebrating, he simply doesn't signal until both teams are ready.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Arse end of the season??? It was the 22nd game the week before Christmas!

Although it was one of the games that upped my confidence a notch that it was our year:

Norwich home 5-0
Birmingham away 2-1
Fulham away 2-1
Wednesday home 2-1
Blackburn home 1-0
After beating QPR 2-1 I was certain.
Zola's first game in charge of I'm not mistaken?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Was there really only 1000 away fans there as per the commentary?
Where have the extra 2000 screaming out for tickets at every away game in the PL come from?
And yes, I was there.

Talking of runs. Anyone got a stopwatch on Matty from his box to jumping on the celebrations Tuesday night, may have been the second goal.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here