Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Members

Izquierdo Penalty

0 Not allowed!
    Apologies if fixtures but I've been too hungover to keep up to date....

Everyones moaning that the foul on Izquierdo wasnt a penalty, but post match in the concourse they were showing highlights of the game and there was one angle, in line with the referee, that showed it definitely was a foul.

I can't find that video anywhere - anyone know what I'm on about and know where a link is?

The replays I've seen on MOTD etc don't show this particular angle. I'm not overly bothered as it's funny they think it wasnt a foul but I want to see it again!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by finbar View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Everyones moaning that the foul on Izquierdo wasnt a penalty, but post match in the concourse they were showing highlights of the game and there was one angle, in line with the referee, that showed it definitely was a foul.

I can't find that video anywhere - anyone know what I'm on about and know where a link is?

The replays I've seen on MOTD etc don't show this particular angle. I'm not overly bothered as it's funny they think it wasnt a foul but I want to see it again!
      I don't think it was a pen, but I think from Friend's viewpoint it looked like one. Being behind the players he would not have seen the defender make contact with the ball.

12 Not allowed!

I saw the highlights after the game, but people are saying the Palace player got the ball, as if that negates the foul. When Stephens got his red at Middlesbrough, he got the ball, but it was still a foul.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hotchilidog View Post
      I don't think it was a pen, but I think from Friend's viewpoint it looked like one. Being behind the players he would not have seen the defender make contact with the ball.
      The thing is, the replay from that angle shows it clearly was (he took out Izquierdo first)
      Cock-knobs!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      I saw the highlights after the game, but people are saying the Palace player got the ball, as if that negates the foul. When Stephens got his red at Middlesbrough, he got the ball, but it was still a foul.
      Very much this. Irritates me so much when commentators perpetuate the myth that the player getting the ball means no foul is committed. Absolute nonsense

10 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      Come on now. There’s nothing dangerous about the McCarthur challenge. He’s very clearly won the ball in the only manner to be expected, gets there before Izzy, who kicks him and goes down. There is not a chance it’s a penalty.
      Well the thirty minutes are almost up Swindon fans but your not there yet. in it goes (yyyyyyeeeessssssss) ooohhh its gone in, Brighton in added on time have snatched a goal through Virgo!!! Incredible!! Once again there is late, late, late drama in the playoffs!!

Unused substitute REMF 5.

Proud owner of Hendersons Gloves from 18/10/2005. Crystal Palace 0-1 Brighton And Hove Albion

1 Not allowed!

Yeah I know the angle, from that angle it looks a stonewall penalty, and that was Friend's angle (and I'm pretty certain they did show it on motd). But it clearly clearly wasn't a penalty though (but I'm not moaning)

0 Not allowed!
      The thing is, the replay from that angle shows it clearly was (he took out Izquierdo first)
      I'd need to watch this again.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      However - the angle in question show he doesnt get there before Izquierdo. He takes him out first, then gets the ball. None of the other replays show this as they don't have the right perspective and it looks like a fair challenge.

Defo wasnt on MOTD by the way, not the one Im thinking of anyway.
      Members
      Brynna South Wales (And I'm not Welsh either!)

1 Not allowed!
      Unfortunately I have to admit that I saw it as Izzy kicking the defender not the other way around. I'm pleased we got the penalty but I would have been unhappy if a penalty had been awarded against us in a similar circumstance.