Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    The ONLY Gay in Brighton El Presidente's Avatar

Albion have second highest level of debt in British football

2 Not allowed!
    Top of the table is Manchester United, who owe £496 million to banks and have paid £785 million in interest to the banks since the Glazers took over.

2nd is the Albion, who owe £207 million, nearly all of which is to Sir Tony Bloom, and have paid NOTHING in interest to him since he took over.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Based on the number of programmes sold per game (i'm guessing at 5000 for the sake of this), a price rise of 50p and we can have that debt cleared in 4,357 years (3600 if we are relegated and never go back up).

50 Not allowed!
      The goonsquad are going to LOVE this. They've never quite been able to get their heads around an interest-free "debt" to Tony Bloom being completely different to a debt to, say, Agilo. Or the fact that the majority of the debt has been through huge investment in infrastructure to get us away from a council athletics track and a ploughed field for a training ground - as opposed to pouring hundreds of millions of pounds into players and agents pockets over the last 6 years and having absolutely nothing whatsoever to show for it.

I'm ok with that.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
      Members James Bond's body double's Avatar

7 Not allowed!
      Debt, wrong word really.

We have maybe the biggest IOU in British football.
      Everyday above ground is a good day!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The goonsquad are going to LOVE this. They've never quite been able to get their heads around an interest-free "debt" to Tony Bloom being completely different to a debt to, say, Agilo. Or the fact that the majority of the debt has been through huge investment in infrastructure to get us away from a council athletics track and a ploughed field for a training ground - as opposed to pouring hundreds of millions of pounds into players and agents pockets over the last 6 years and having absolutely nothing whatsoever to show for it.

I'm ok with that.
      £200m? That'd buy them TWO lovely new stands.

0 Not allowed!
      Ipswich seem to be high on the list, considering where they are in the league and what they spend. Do they owe the money to the banks or to Marcus Evans?
      The ONLY Gay in Brighton El Presidente's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
      Ipswich seem to be high on the list, considering where they are in the league and what they spend. Do they owe the money to the banks or to Marcus Evans?
      Evans

Name:  Ipswich 2018 Debt.JPG
Views: 2032
Size:  45.6 KB
      Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      Can't say I'm particularly worried. Tony can clearly afford it and I would imagine, over time, he'll turn that debt into shares. Equally four or five seasons in the PL could pay it off without reducing the playing budget to zero.

Now if I was a Man U fan I'd be more concerned as the Glazers borrowed that money against the club to buy the club - standard business practice for takeovers I know but not something that would sit comfotably we me as a fan.
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
      Top of the table is Manchester United, who owe £496 million to banks and have paid £785 million in interest to the banks since the Glazers took over.

2nd is the Albion, who owe £207 million, nearly all of which is to Sir Tony Bloom, and have paid NOTHING in interest to him since he took over.
      £785m in interest?? Jeez. TB is a true fan of the cluib.

0 Not allowed!
      UTD could owe a billion and it wouldn't matter, someone would always buy that club
      I have to give it to you Mr Hughton, you are a far better Manager than I ever thought.