Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When Does Maty Go AWOL?

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
Australia's first game is the 6th January, so I'll be surprised if he's still around for West Ham on 2nd January.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well know that, but l thought it might lead more people to open the thread!

Do you get money for the clicks? I identify you as Bozza and claim my prize!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Australia's first game is the 6th January, so I'll be surprised if he's still around for West Ham on 2nd January.

I suspect that he'll be on the first flight out after that game. He wants to play. For the club and his country. That way maximises both.

PS when is the final, just so we know how long he'll be (potentially) out for and don't need another thread

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Its in the United Arab Emirates, so time difference nothing like going to Australia, so he could possibly play the West Ham game and then fly straight out.

Australia play on 6th, 11th and 15th; against Jordan, Palestine and Syria; so assuming they survive that set of fixtures against the middle east's finest they'll have a second round game on 20th against another lowly team; seeded to play Japan in quarter-finals on 24th, followed by semis on 28th and final on 1st February.

So definitely missing Bournemouth in cup, Liverpool, Man Utd and almost certainly FA Cup 4th round day

Earliest we can expect we could have him back is Fulham on 29th but could also miss Watford on 2nd Feb

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I assume there is no rule that players have to be released to their national squads 2 weeks immediately prior to the international tournament for this one ?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Its in the United Arab Emirates, so time difference nothing like going to Australia, so he could possibly play the West Ham game and then fly straight out.

Australia play on 6th, 11th and 15th; against Jordan, Palestine and Syria; so assuming they survive that set of fixtures against the middle east's finest they'll have a second round game on 20th against another lowly team; seeded to play Japan in quarter-finals on 24th, followed by semis on 28th and final on 1st February.

So definitely missing Bournemouth in cup, Liverpool, Man Utd and almost certainly FA Cup 4th round day

Earliest we can expect we could have him back is Fulham on 29th but could also miss Watford on 2nd Feb

So, losing in the quarters is the best option. I'd be delighted if it was just Liverpool and Man U. I'm pretty sure that Jahanbakhsh will be away for this as well but, unlike with Ryan as our goalkeeper, there isn't a massive difference in quality between all of our four wingers.

PS many thanks for this BTW, without wanting to be too naughty, what are your thoughts on Propper's form since returning from injury?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
PS many thanks for this BTW, without wanting to be too naughty, what are your thoughts on Propper's form since returning from injury?

My original issues with Propper's form and place in the side were all rather overtaken by a continual upheaval of our midfield options through injury and suspension, culminating in Propper's injury himself. Because of that I'm very glad he's back, and I have no reason to complain about his performances since, although three games with a sending off inside half an hour make it all rather difficult to judge. Back at the start of the season I was vocal in wanting Bissouma to replace him, and that lad does look like everything I wanted him to be.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Australia play on 6th, 11th and 15th; against Jordan, Palestine and Syria

:facepalm:

I knew we would be losing Ryan for the best part of a month so he could represent Australia, but I had no idea it was for the equiviant of a Sunday morning pub league, unless of course I have fallen victim to some massive "woosh." Jordan? Palestine? Syria? It's bad enough he will be gone for a month - God forbid he gets injured in this noddy round of matches. Joke.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
How many other clubs in the relegation zone will be losing players. Huddersfield will have Mooy absent - is there anyone else? Burnley and Wood?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How many other clubs in the relegation zone will be losing players. Huddersfield will have Mooy absent - is there anyone else? Burnley and Wood?

Wood won’t be going. New Zealand, unlike Australia, is still in the Oceana federation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here