Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Burnley.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Pretty scary how even with a few injuries and suspensions its still hard to pick the strongest team. New players are bedding in now and squad is looking stronger week by week. Wonder if Tony will increase the strength in squad come January?

Well we have 2 who will probably go.. Suttner and Greyhound so I would imagine a couple of tweaks... Possibly a new No 10 for cover? (Powell)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
No thank you, love the bloke but mistakes have cost us.

Really? Up until Bissouma's recent form I would say he's been our best midfielder. Unless of course you are one of these people who only upvotes midfielders based on forward runs.

Game of opinions.

Really, I love Dale but for me he's not been a patch on last season. Im just saying that Propper and Bissouma have been excellent the last few weeks, and other than the error against Leics Kayal has also been super.

So therefore on current form Stephens is 4th choice. If Chris puts him back in the side that's fine by me, but I wouldn't.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Re Centre Mid position. I think we can have these selection debates without resorting to negative comments about our players. We are now in the position where whoever Chris decides is our 4th choice midfielder will be an excellent player. I've no idea who this will be.

My opinion is that we shouldn't take a horses for courses approach. Propper and Bissouma are in possession of the shirt and as long as we're winning and playing well they should keep them. Clearly we'll have to rotate with all these fixtures coming up, then Stephens and Kayal will get a chance to shine

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

Ryan
Bruno - Balogun - Dunk - Bong
Knockaert - Stephens - Propper - March
Gross
Andone

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Ryan
Bruno - Balogun - Dunk - Bong
Knockaert - Bissouma - Propper - March
Gross
Andone

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Burnley away is always a pretty tough fixture, not pretty, roll your sleeves up stuff. I would leave the midfield as it is, but if Stephens returns it would not surprise me. It seems to me that Bissouma has found his feet and is growing into his roll, and Proper has returned to form, in fact I would say he is better for Bissouma playing. That's my opinion.

No need to change the back 4 for me, either, with Balogun settling in until Duffy returns.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Stephens needs to start

if only for singing 'Burnley's a sh*thole' at the promotion party

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ryan
Montoya-Balogun-Dunk-Bernardo
Knockaert-Bissouma-Propper-March
Groß
Andone​

Subs: Steele, White, Bruno, Loacadia, Kayal, Izquierdo, Jahanbakhsh.

Hopefully Murray isn’t too injured but he did look in some discomfort. Knocky in for Izzy, Balogun replacing Duffy and obviously Andone for Murray.

Jahanbakhsh injured? - if so, bring in Gyokeres; if Murray is fit, on bench ahead of Locadia.

Edit (having read the rest of the thread now!): PS. I forgot about Stephens too!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
This is the team I would like to see start.

Me too. Only issue is whether Bissouma is injured. He was holding his groin with about 10 mins to go. If he is, then Stephens back in. Great that it's not an obvious one to let Dale return to the starting 11, when in previous seasons his absence has seen us slip off form dramatically.

If Burnley think they can intimidate us, then they might be surprised when they come up against Yves.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here